Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 09-25-2010, 05:13 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
Right, and Ariel said perhaps Sonnen was taking it for medical reasons or something else,
and Dana said thats what I am talking about, I am not going to get involved but there is more to the story.

What would that lead you beleive.
Helwani asked about Chael's comments to the commission about using supplements to up his testosterone before the fight, Dana said yeah but he failed to elaborate. I don't think he knows much more than the rest of us to be quite honest.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:25 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
Name the possible reasons for the test results and that he knew he would test hot..

1. Over the counter: There is always a new supplement that rivals steroids, sometimes they are actually stronger. Also test boosters will also jack up ones own limits. Both cases are illegal

2. Doc prescribed something: Where was the pre fight documentation, where was the proper procedure when they filled out their cards.

3. He didn't know: Umm yeah he did, he said he did...

4. Stuff was tainted: See above lol.

I doubt if you hear him say anything on the subject because there is very little he can say to counteract the "I might piss hot" comment..
Yep, the pre-fight comment without him filing the proper documentation was the proverbial nail in the coffin for me.

How can you explain that?
Old 09-25-2010, 11:54 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMaria View Post
I was wondering about the whole........ahem....."beans" issue.....

You know..........the frank and beans..........

I know steroids are bad......illegal.......all that......

but it seems like the REAL reason that men don't want to take them is because they tend to shrink the beans.........

so my question is this.......are men concerned about bean shrinkage because of fertility...........or because no guy wants to have small beans..........or because of something else.......

does it really matter?! I mean small beans doesn't mean small frank......right? or is there another connection.........

I thought the whole expression....."Man he must have big ones!" was just that.......an expression.

I'm not drunk or high or anything else. This is a completely stone, cold sober question!

Yeah, I know I just hijacked this thread! But it's already 32 pages........

I don't have scientific research to back me up but from what I remember learning, long term use of high doses of steroids can cause the testicles to shrink due to them not having to make their own testosterone anymore. Also, steroids affect virility. The sex drive is decreased and it is hard to achieve and maintain an erection. I didn't search for scientific medical journals about it, this is just what I remember from school and from hearing guys talk about steroids back in the day. (There were rumors in the Texas high schools where I grew up that coaches were encouraging the football players to take steroids.)

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 09-25-2010, 02:48 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
I don't have scientific research to back me up but from what I remember learning, long term use of high doses of steroids can cause the testicles to shrink due to them not having to make their own testosterone anymore. Also, steroids affect virility. The sex drive is decreased and it is hard to achieve and maintain an erection. I didn't search for scientific medical journals about it, this is just what I remember from school and from hearing guys talk about steroids back in the day. (There were rumors in the Texas high schools where I grew up that coaches were encouraging the football players to take steroids.)

~Amy
Hey if the Governator can have kids then there is hope for us all cause that guy popped those roids like they were M&Ms lol
Old 09-25-2010, 02:49 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Yep, the pre-fight comment without him filing the proper documentation was the proverbial nail in the coffin for me.

How can you explain that?
lol, well thats what I want to know...
Old 09-25-2010, 05:12 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
Hey if the Governator can have kids then there is hope for us all cause that guy popped those roids like they were M&Ms lol

Very true. Gross though.

~Amy

My son made this for me: