Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Training/Nutrition

Old 09-20-2010, 09:15 PM
ufcfan2

Default 10th Planet

Was searching for a possible new place to do kickboxing for times I like or want. I came across 10th Planet and it had a info website saying they are opening a place in St.Louis around I270 or least a possible spot. So, I put myself on a waiting list to get a discounted membership.
I tried finding that particular webpage but I couldn't,but I definately interested in checking them out when they do open,which is supposed to be in January of 2011.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:07 AM
suntereo

if you get in, remember your etiquette..... puff, puff, pass
Old 09-22-2010, 10:19 AM
atomdanger

If you're looking for a place to do kickboxing,
why did you go to a second rate no gi BJJ place?

(Sorry, I don't beleive much in Bravo)
plus, one of his "brown belts" was found out to be a fraud and had no rank in BJJ and no credentials, but Eddie let him open a school in texas under the 10th planet banner. Mostly because whatever belt you are or say you are in BJJ, Eddie will give you that belt in his system. So, some random character came in (Brandon Quick) and said he was a brown belt, Eddie gave him a 10th planet brown belt, and he opened a 10th planet school in texas, sham.
People found out, eddie back peddled and the school got axed, but with that kind of care how much faith can you have that Eddie is keeping the quality of his satellite schools up?
Old 09-22-2010, 12:28 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntereo View Post

Old 09-23-2010, 04:03 PM
Rochambeau

There's a 10th Planet here. Very expensive.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:22 AM
ufcfan2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochambeau View Post
There's a 10th Planet here. Very expensive.
I'll probably stay where I'm at since Im goin to my regular schedule and can attend again. They've given me a great deal on what I do 80bucks a month for kick/bjj which is a decent deal,and is only 5mins or so from my apartment.
I just came across their website is all as I was lookin for a place that had daytime class's as I hope to go back to school in spring..
Old 09-24-2010, 08:05 AM
Rochambeau

What you're already doing sounds better.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:59 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
If you're looking for a place to do kickboxing,
why did you go to a second rate no gi BJJ place?

(Sorry, I don't beleive much in Bravo)
plus, one of his "brown belts" was found out to be a fraud and had no rank in BJJ and no credentials, but Eddie let him open a school in texas under the 10th planet banner. Mostly because whatever belt you are or say you are in BJJ, Eddie will give you that belt in his system. So, some random character came in (Brandon Quick) and said he was a brown belt, Eddie gave him a 10th planet brown belt, and he opened a 10th planet school in texas, sham.
People found out, eddie back peddled and the school got axed, but with that kind of care how much faith can you have that Eddie is keeping the quality of his satellite schools up?

With that being said... errors happen.

I have never mett Eddie but I do know several people that have trained with him and have had nothing but great thigns to say about him.

Sad that something like that did/could happen, but saying "back peddled" is a harsher way of saying .. "got that mistake fixed".

I know a few schools that operate under the Gracie name that are garbage.. but that doesn't mean that the founding Gracie is really at fault.. just didn't take enough care to protect their name.

I would have a "rough time" learning from someone that wasn't Dan ranked anyway.. under a sokeship membership.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:24 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntereo View Post
It's funny because it's true.

Stoners.
Old 09-25-2010, 01:05 AM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
It's funny because it's true.

Stoners.
word.

Eddie's style is too dependent on having BJ penn like flexibility.

Good to use on someone who has never seen it but anyone that's worth his salt on the mat will tell you basic grappling overcomes that fancy **** any day