Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 09-23-2010, 03:57 PM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
No, you two were making such a big deal of the smiley face being in a trolling post.

Def of gay:
cheery: bright and pleasant; promoting a feeling of cheer; "a cheery hello"; "a gay sunny room"; "a sunny smile"

So, I said it made it a gay trolling post.

Sorry that you saw the word gay and assumed it was meant as a bad thing.


I can just see that now..

Joe Rogan talking to his comedy crowd... "What a gay sunny room this is here tonight."
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 09-23-2010, 04:55 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,986
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
When fighters cheat, they risk the livelihood of themselves as well as their opponents. That's the single biggest reason commissions need to be strict when dealing with people who fail their drug tests.

Also, let's not kid ourselves here. Sherk, Diaz, Sonnen, and others who have been popped are still going to continue fighting and making money in the sport. Maybe some are not at the level they could be, but I would like to see your list of guys who are starving and homeless because the commission disciplined them. Is it a bad mark on their reputation? Sure it is, but that's the risk these guys take when they try to knowingly get away with cheating or they are taking a bunch of supplements/drugs that they know nothing about.
Or maybe...someone poisened them



we aggreed to dissagree...you aint gonna change my mind
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 09-23-2010, 05:15 PM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,484
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJs PJs View Post
This is boring, can we get back onto UFC 123?

Yes, please.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 09-23-2010, 07:56 PM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,741
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
backne
*snickering*
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 09-23-2010, 08:33 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Or maybe...someone poisened them



we aggreed to dissagree...you aint gonna change my mind
I might not change your mind, but I dont have a problem with restating my point. You keep talking about livelihoods, but you can't even name one fighter who has been unable to keep making money after getting popped. The idea that somebody poisoned their drug tests is just another conspiracy theory.

Also, I have to ask, did you come up with this notion about tests being contaminated on purpose because of the Sherk case? You do realize that Sherk wasn't saying that anybody contaminated the test on purpose....right?

Regardless, it goes both ways. Just like this forum has rules and what the mods say goes, it works that way with the commissions. Weather an institution is run under the guise of civil or criminal law, it makes little difference because corruption exists in both. You may be able to trade one for the other, but you will still inherit the problems of the latter by default.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 09-23-2010, 10:40 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,986
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Regardless, it goes both ways. Just like this forum has rules and what the mods say goes, it works that way with the commissions. Weather an institution is run under the guise of civil or criminal law, it makes little difference because corruption exists in both. You may be able to trade one for the other, but you will still inherit the problems of the latter by default.
Are you trying to say our Mod Team is Corrupt



Dont state your point too much...I dont want you to get typecast (pardon the pun) as a broken record
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 09-23-2010, 10:55 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJs PJs View Post
He might not even want one more after BJ is done with him
Strike 1 - In psychology, there is a form of passive aggressive behavior known as "the joker." In which someone makes intentionally rude or insulting comments to elicit a reaction, but then tries to absolve themselves of any wrongdoing by claiming, "I was only joking." Your post falls into that category, thus it's still considered a trolling post and puts you in immediate danger of being permanently banned from this site.

Matt paid for this forum out of his own pocket, thus it is his property. If you were to visit Matt's house then it's understood that you would need to show a certain level of respect for Matt and his family or you would quickly find yourself unwelcome on his property. Well, those same rules apply to this forum. While you are here, you are to consider yourself an invited guest on Matt's property. However, that invitation is dependent upon your behavior and can be withdrawn AT ANY TIME.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJs PJs View Post
big baby.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJs PJs View Post
Idiot.
Strike 2 - Are you in grade school? You can't just resort to name calling when the conversation isn't going your way. I'm assuming you are an adult, try acting like one.

If I were you I would be very careful about how to respond next.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 09-23-2010, 10:58 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,986
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
If I were you I would be very careful about how to respond next.
If I were him I Wouldnt respond! That would be the best solution to this issue wouldnt it.

btw...Welcome back Nater
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 09-23-2010, 11:03 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Are you trying to say our Mod Team is Corrupt



Dont state your point too much...I dont want you to get typecast (pardon the pun) as a broken record
The record ain't broke, you just don't like the song that's playing.

I wouldn't have mentioned it in this thread, but I found it funny how you went from one thread and complaining about the problems of a civil hearing and the be all end all of some higher powers to be the judge, jury, and executioner, but then you come here and pretty much say "what we say goes, so deal with it".

As long as it fits your version of fair, then I guess it's okay...
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 09-23-2010, 11:08 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,986
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
As long as it fits your version of fair, then I guess it's okay...
Its called Do as I say, not Do as I do



The CSAC is evil...the Matt-Hughes Forum Moderating team is outstanding...in short...what the CSAC lack...is...erm...Me

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.