Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 09-21-2010, 11:45 AM
BJs PJs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
We have very dedicated mods here. You need to decide right now if you want to stay around and be respectful or not.
Hence the wink at the end, big baby. This forum is full of double standard and the fact that everybody gets so uptight over what a guy with a Penn sig/avatar has to say is just silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Tell me, when Penn has lost three in a row, and three out of his last five...he may not get to have another one...at least not in the UFC.

Penn is having trouble in his own weight class...he shouldnt be moving up to Welterweight, thats suicide because thats not his natural weight...if he's failing at LW...then there is little point in him fighting at Welterweight against anyone, let alone Hughes

I almost feel sorry for Penn.

Almost
If it's such a bad match up, then you should be ragging on Hughes and not Penn, it is my understanding that Dana and Hughes wanted this fight and not the other way round.
Old 09-21-2010, 12:01 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJs PJs View Post
Hence the wink at the end, big baby. This forum is full of double standard and the fact that everybody gets so uptight over what a guy with a Penn sig/avatar has to say is just silly.

If it's such a bad match up, then you should be ragging on Hughes and not Penn, it is my understanding that Dana and Hughes wanted this fight and not the other way round.
Bye Bye Baby J
Old 09-22-2010, 01:45 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
We have very dedicated mods here. You need to decide right now if you want to stay around and be respectful or not.
Quote:

That's alright. Just agree with the majority and rephrase what they say and you will do fine.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:18 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
it is my understanding that Dana and Hughes wanted this fight and not the other way round.
Clearly BJ was all about it if he was willing to give up on his supposed thoughts of retirement to take the fight. I was also under the impression that Matt wanted to spend the rest of the year hunting, and it was Dana who called Matt and proposed the fight. So it's not as if Matt is chasing after Penn.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:32 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
PJ, don't bother trying to feign ignorance or innocence, we've had to deal with enough pre-event trolls to know the routine by now.

No one is freaking out about your avatar or sig. If they were, the mods would have asked you to change them. No one's freaking out about your screen-name. If they were, you wouldn't have been allowed to join (the site Admin checks all new screennames/e-mail addresses/etc. for spammers). What people get "so uptight over" is when you come to the Hughes forums & imply that Penn is going to retire Hughes, but is that shockin to you? This is a site specifically for those who support Matt. Are you shocked that there's a double standard? If a Frankie Edgar fan showed up on y'all's forums (I'm guessing it's probably already happened at least once) & started running his mouth, are you telling me y'all wouldn't get just as testy?

This is the UG or Sherdog: it's not a nuetral site that assures unbiased moderating. This is Matt's site, paid for with Matt's money, moderated by Matt's friends (no, seriously: all the mods are friends of Matt's & have him on speed dial). There's just as much of a double standard in Matt's favor on Matt-Hughes.com as there is for "The Penn" on BJPenn.com & as much of a double standard as there is for "The Terra" on Serrajuijitsu.com. TO pretend that like's unfair is just foolish.

Quote:
If you go back & re-read what BJ said (I'm assuming that's where you're getting your info), you'll see that Dana called BJ & offered it to him. BJ was interested, so Dana called Matt & offered the fight. Matt was excited, so Dana called BJ back & BJ also agreed. Dana put this together. BJ & Matt were just smart enough to realize what an awesome idea it is!
Old 09-22-2010, 04:22 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
That's alright. Just agree with the majority and rephrase what they say and you will do fine.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:44 PM
Rochambeau

Just be reasonable here. BJs PJs would be BJ's pajamas. There is no PJ. BJs PJs is guilty of making some fair points and if he wanted to troll he could probably have done a better job. I've only just seen his first 'troll' post and there is a smiley with it.

Please, let's talk more about Matt's 36 fight win streak.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:50 PM
SupaDupaMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochambeau View Post
Just be reasonable here. BJs PJs would be BJ's pajamas. There is no PJ. BJs PJs is guilty of making some fair points and if he wanted to troll he could probably have done a better job. I've only just seen his first 'troll' post and there is a smiley with it.

Please, let's talk more about Matt's 36 fight win streak.
Okay but....just for future reference....a smiley doesn't cancel out a trolling post. It just makes it a gay trolling post.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:54 PM
Rochambeau

Well, don't worry about his gay troll post.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:57 PM
SupaDupaMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochambeau View Post
Well, don't worry about his gay troll post.
Worry? Oh, don't get the wrong idea! I have a feeling this will be more fun than any one person can stand.