Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 09-18-2010, 04:53 AM
que
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

anyone who has been following my posts on this forum knows that this is the fight i have been begging for since day 1. this is the rubbermatch that HAS to happen. it is destiny.. it was all a matter of timing. the time is now. let's not kid ourselves. bj penn and matt hughes are two of the best fighters that have ever lived in MMA and they are living legends in this sport. 10 years in the future fans will look back on bj penn vs matt hughes as the greatest MMA trilogy fight that ever existed.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 09-18-2010, 12:56 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,313
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by que View Post
anyone who has been following my posts on this forum knows that this is the fight i have been begging for since day 1. this is the rubbermatch that HAS to happen. it is destiny.. it was all a matter of timing. the time is now. let's not kid ourselves. bj penn and matt hughes are two of the best fighters that have ever lived in MMA and they are living legends in this sport. 10 years in the future fans will look back on bj penn vs matt hughes as the greatest MMA trilogy fight that ever existed.
I find no fault it this post. +Juan
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 09-19-2010, 05:55 AM
Matts#1Fan...Dr.Tonya
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hmmmm..............

Interesting!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 09-19-2010, 06:46 AM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 4,980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
I find no fault it this post. +Juan
+2
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 09-20-2010, 12:17 PM
BJs PJs
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
I don't think BJ looked fine in the first Edgar fight at all,
he was slow, unmotivated and off his game.
Hell, he was training 3x a week for the Edgar rematch.
So a slow, unmotivated and off his game BJ was able to take an in form Frankie Edgar to a decision that in no way should have been unanimous? Don't be silly, BJ was ready and fought hard against a better LW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
I will be shocked if BJ puts up much of a fight at this point, he doesn't seem to have the heart and drive it takes.....
Based on what? In the last 2 years he's faced every top LW contender the UFC has thrown at him and destroyed all bar one, he done this while being in the best shape mentally and physically he has ever been in.


It'll be a highly competetive fight, don't kid yourself folks.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 09-20-2010, 12:39 PM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 4,980
Default

[QUOTE=BJs PJs;136324]So a slow, unmotivated and off his game BJ was able to take an in form Frankie Edgar to a decision that in no way should have been unanimous? Don't be silly, BJ was ready and fought hard against a better LW.

Based on what? In the last 2 years he's faced every top LW contender the UFC has thrown at him and destroyed all bar one, he done this while being in the best shape mentally and physically he has ever been in.


It'll be a highly competetive fight, don't kid yourself folks.[/QUOTE]

No doubt it will be a competitive fight. But as you would expect we're slightly biased
I'm stoked for thsi fight and BJ said at an event thsi week that he isn't going to talk a lot of smack because he's tired of eating his own words.

going ot be a great fight! Then both guys can enjoy the holiday afterwards.
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 09-20-2010, 01:26 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,313
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
No doubt it will be a competitive fight. But as you would expect we're slightly biased
I'm stoked for thsi fight and BJ said at an event thsi week that he isn't going to talk a lot of smack because he's tired of eating his own words.

going ot be a great fight! Then both guys can enjoy the holiday afterwards.
Mark, are you & Chopstix gonna make it out to this one?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 09-20-2010, 01:31 PM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 4,980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Mark, are you & Chopstix gonna make it out to this one?
working through the logistics now. not sure. We had planned to get home for thanksgiving (which is the following week). we haven't seen her family in over a year. trying to figure it all out
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 09-20-2010, 01:43 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,313
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
working through the logistics now. not sure. We had planned to get home for thanksgiving (which is the following week). we haven't seen her family in over a year. trying to figure it all out
I here ya'. My whole family's meeting up at some resort in WV (I think) for the whole next week. I'm hoping I'll drive up to the fights, then on the way back just drive to the resort. We'll see if I can gett all tha ttime off from work in one solid chucnk or not . . .
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.