Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 02-25-2009, 01:06 AM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
david robinson still plays?
No, he doesn't.

For some reason, I always think that "The Admiral" is Duncan's nickname.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:27 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

I've a got a good nickname for Tim Duncan, but I am not sure I should repeat here...

Besides, this is a baseball thread!

I will say I think Steve Kerr ruined the Suns.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:52 PM
SteveT

Quote:
Miles and Bradley add that left handed bat, the leadoff hitter I would possibly agree with, there are potential leadoff hitters in that lineup, they just need some playing time to find the best fit
What are the Cubs doing with Reed Johnson this year? I was upset that the Jays got rid of him for Shannon Stewart, who went on the DL early into the season. Personally, Johnson is a much better player then Stewart. He was decent leadoff hitter when he was playing for the Jays. With more playing time, I think he could be a strong player.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:57 PM
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT
What are the Cubs doing with Reed Johnson this year? I was upset that the Jays got rid of him for Shannon Stewart, who went on the DL early into the season. Personally, Johnson is a much better player then Stewart. He was decent leadoff hitter when he was playing for the Jays. With more playing time, I think he could be a strong player.
Reed Johnson really isn't that great. I like the guy, and he's fearless, but he's a fringe level player at best.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:01 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT
bradley will be in RF, and Fukudome will start in CF, if he struggles like he did in the 2nd half of last year, I would anticipate seeing Johnson take his spot
Old 02-25-2009, 03:01 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose
Reed Johnson really isn't that great. I like the guy, and he's fearless, but he's a fringe level player at best.
I think he can be a good backup, he's a nice little spark to add to the lineup every few days
Old 02-25-2009, 10:22 PM
SteveT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose
I like him. He was a good outfielder when he was with the Jays. I believe with more playing time he could develop into a decent OF. Besides, that goatee he had going when he was in T.O. was killer
Old 02-27-2009, 03:56 AM
Moose

Quote:
I think he can be a good backup, he's a nice little spark to add to the lineup every few days
Which is another way of saying he's a fringe player. He's probably the Cadillac of fringe players.