Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2010, 02:36 AM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Yeah, but Matt would have to fight Hallman and totally destroy him twice to even the score. Sure, the UFC might be able to sell this fight once, but can they sell it twice? Even if they did, Matt and Hallman would still be 2-2. So Matt would have to actually fight him a third time to come out ahead. I'm not sure if I want to see Hughes/Hallman 1, 2 and 3. Especially when Matt has much bigger fish to fry.
I disagree. Everyone knows Matt has spoke of retirement in the near future. Can you imagine how the UFC could market this? They are going to sell it as Matt's first ever loss, and conveniently leave out the fact he was beat twice because Hallman isn't a huge name as Hughes. Matt would be 1-2 sure, but it's maintaining his winning legacy in recent times that matters now. Hallman is only a pawn in which to market another fight for Matt. It will happen. I can almost guarantee it if Hallman either beats Karo or loses to a close decision.

I'd like to see Matt fight Karo too, so that also may be an option. I believe Karo has called Matt out in the past.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/