Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Old 09-05-2010, 07:23 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Personally, I think the guy is an idiot.

However, it's a bit harsh to come down on her over what happened. Unless you, or any of the other posters happen to know Jesse James on a personal level, I don't know how being a cheater is "what you would expect from him". Not everybody who has tattoos and rides motorcycles is a bad person, so be careful before being so quick to pass judgment.
Coming from a guy who rides a motorcycle and has a tattoo I would have to say AMEN!
Old 09-05-2010, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Sandra > Kat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Coming from a guy who rides a motorcycle and has a tattoo I would have to say AMEN!
Quote:
Personally, I think the guy is an idiot.

However, it's a bit harsh to come down on her over what happened. Unless you, or any of the other posters happen to know Jesse James on a personal level, I don't know how being a cheater is "what you would expect from him". Not everybody who has tattoos and rides motorcycles is a bad person, so be careful before being so quick to pass judgment.

this whole thread is about passing judgement!!!!!

do any of us know kat on a personal level? aren't we all passing judgement on her without knowing her?

and people always refer to passing judgement when it is a negative judgement, but the same people that look down on kat are giving sandra a good nod, and the benefit of the doubt, when in fact none of us know sandra anynore than we know jesse
Old 09-05-2010, 08:43 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
this whole thread is about passing judgement!!!!!

do any of us know kat on a personal level? aren't we all passing judgement on her without knowing her?

and people always refer to passing judgement when it is a negative judgement, but the same people that look down on kat are giving sandra a good nod, and the benefit of the doubt, when in fact none of us know sandra anynore than we know jesse
You are right, this thread has been about passing judgment, and it does go both ways.

However, all I am saying is that it's a bit heavy handed for somebody who doesn't know the guy personally to say "thats what you would expect from him". Then, on top of that, to say that it's Sandra Bullock's own fault for associating with him is a bit ridiculous. People fall in love, and sometimes people put on a front and hide who they really are. Based on the facts that we know, it's safe to assume that Sandra didn't sign up to be with a guy who dresses up like Hitler while sleeping with mistresses, because she dumped his ass real quick.

I don't know who the hell Kat Von D is, so I didn't comment on her. From my own standpoint, I merely said I think Jesse James is an idiot.
Old 09-05-2010, 10:38 PM

Quote:
You are right, this thread has been about passing judgment, and it does go both ways.

However, all I am saying is that it's a bit heavy handed for somebody who doesn't know the guy personally to say "thats what you would expect from him". Then, on top of that, to say that it's Sandra Bullock's own fault for associating with him is a bit ridiculous. People fall in love, and sometimes people put on a front and hide who they really are. Based on the facts that we know, it's safe to assume that Sandra didn't sign up to be with a guy who dresses up like Hitler while sleeping with mistresses, because she dumped his ass real quick.

I don't know who the hell Kat Von D is, so I didn't comment on her. From my own standpoint, I merely said I think Jesse James is an idiot.

maybe it's not a matter of his character but a matter of how we, as in everybody, stereotype people. and we do

now, the fact that alot of the time we stereotype them right is another argument
Old 09-05-2010, 11:37 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
maybe it's not a matter of his character but a matter of how we, as in everybody, stereotype people. and we do

now, the fact that alot of the time we stereotype them right is another argument
I think it's exactly that, however it really just depends on the stereotype. Some stereotypes exist because they are true amongst the majority of a group of people and some are blown out of proportion to use in a comedic or offensive manner.

I would agree that AFTER the fact it's obvious that James isn't much of a family man, but unless we know the man personally, how could we make such a determination before all this happened?
Old 09-06-2010, 02:24 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
I think it's exactly that, however it really just depends on the stereotype. Some stereotypes exist because they are true amongst the majority of a group of people and some are blown out of proportion to use in a comedic or offensive manner.

I would agree that AFTER the fact it's obvious that James isn't much of a family man, but unless we know the man personally, how could we make such a determination before all this happened?
I am going to go out on a limb here and say that you must have never watched his (James') show. I was not surprised by this because of what I had seen of James, not because of his tats and motorcycle.
Old 09-06-2010, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
I am going to go out on a limb here and say that you must have never watched his (James') show. I was not surprised by this because of what I had seen of James, not because of his tats and motorcycle.
+1

Quote:

i don't say this argumentatively as i see we are trying to agree here, but sandra knew what she was getting into

if you like honey, don't get mad when you get stung whilst raiding a hive, sandra knew the chances she was taking with jesse, if she didn't want to risk this happening she shouldn't have started dating him,

i think what we are really disagreeing on is what the betting lines were that it was going to happen, i say they were pretty high, and when you play the odds you shouldn't get pitied when you lose your money,

if sandra really wanted a family, she should have and dare i say would have found a family man
Old 09-06-2010, 02:50 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Well, you would be guessing correctly, I don't watch shows like his. However, I do know of his shows and what he does. I'm not questioning people's opinions of him based on what you see on a television show or weather or not they "found it surprising". I am simply stating that unless you know the guy personally and know that he was doing this stuff, how can you say "it's what you would expect from him" before the fact? Unless there is some sort of stereotype he is fitting into, there is no other reason to say that. I'm pretty sure his TV shows aren't showing him with mistresses, or am I wrong?

Of course, once it's in the press that he actually did it, we all know to expect it from him in the future, but I don't remember there being a big scandal about Jesse James cheating on his wives or girlfriends while dressed up like Nazi before Sandra Bullock. If I am wrong, then I stand corrected, but I don't know, and frankly...I don't care.

The real reason I commented at all was more or less directed at why I think it's wrong to come down on Sandra Bullock so harshly. Even if she DID think he was like this, it's not out of the question to think that maybe she was in love with him and thought he would change. The point is she has already had enough happen, why dump on her some more?
Old 09-06-2010, 03:13 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
+1

i don't say this argumentatively as i see we are trying to agree here, but sandra knew what she was getting into

if you like honey, don't get mad when you get stung whilst raiding a hive, sandra knew the chances she was taking with jesse, if she didn't want to risk this happening she shouldn't have started dating him,

i think what we are really disagreeing on is what the betting lines were that it was going to happen, i say they were pretty high, and when you play the odds you shouldn't get pitied when you lose your money,

if sandra really wanted a family, she should have and dare i say would have found a family man
I don't doubt one bit that the guy has always been a douche, but I just wouldn't say that's what I expected of him. I don't know the guy and I don't remember there being any sort of scandals before this with him, so it came as a surprise to me. We are not disagreeing on the betting lines, I am simply saying that unless there is some real evidence in the public forum that showed it beforehand, you wouldn't really know that unless you were personally attached to the situation. It would be pure speculation, and probably based off stereotype.

You could be right about everything you are saying in regards to Sandra knowing what she was getting into as far as his character issues, but I don't know that. They were together 5 years and who knows what they went through in that time. The point I am making is that she has had enough happen, why dump on her any more? We should be scolding Tiger Woods and Jesse James, not Sandra Bullock.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:23 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
I don't doubt one bit that the guy has always been a douche, but I just wouldn't say that's what I expected of him. I don't know the guy and I don't remember there being any sort of scandals before this with him, so it came as a surprise to me. We are not disagreeing on the betting lines, I am simply saying that unless there is some real evidence in the public forum that showed it beforehand, you wouldn't really know that unless you were personally attached to the situation. It would be pure speculation, and probably based off stereotype.

You could be right about everything you are saying in regards to Sandra knowing what she was getting into as far as his character issues, but I don't know that. They were together 5 years and who knows what they went through in that time. The point I am making is that she has had enough happen, why dump on her any more? We should be scolding Tiger Woods and Jesse James, not Sandra Bullock.
If you watched West Coast Choppers, his reality show then you had a pretty good idea that it was probable. He does have a history of cheating. I really, really had high hopes that he would change for Sandra. However, his attitude then was he was all about self and no one dared even question him. He did what he wanted, when he wanted.