Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Training/Nutrition

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2010, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
You never responded to my ?....Anyways.. I strongly advise to stop double wrapping. Be sure when wrapping to have your hands relaxed. Many people have myths and legends on wrapping its plain n simple..I recommend using longer wraps personally.If the pain continues get it checked out could be calcium deposits very common amongest boxers. You also might want to try doing routine ergonomics for your wrists and hands...
Thanks Foxy! I realized that I totally ignored you on this thread. thanks for your input! I use the 180 mexican style wraps and stopped double wrapping about the time I last posted. I also started doing some hand strengthening exercises and only do knuckle pushups. that made a world of difference in my wrist strength. still learning and really enjoying the training at my gym.

One of the gals that trains with us jsut went to thailand and picked me up some fairtex 160z gloves. I am really excited to get them on this weekend

I wanted to update (cause I know you've all been waiting) hands are good. it was just general tendon soreness on the knuckles.

[