Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-26-2009, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc87
Machida doesn't have a real quality win to put him into title contention though. His biggest win in the ufc was tito. And in my books that's not very high anymore
I think the number of wins (and lack of losses) holds it's own. As Koschek proved for us anyone can be a threat in the UFC.

[
Old 02-26-2009, 05:24 PM
cds

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc87
Machida doesn't have a real quality win to put him into title contention though. His biggest win in the ufc was tito. And in my books that's not very high anymore

......what are you smoking, and whatever it is Ill take 10.

Quality wins.....you do realize that Thiago Silva was a wrecking machine(the guy was an animal).

Machida knocked out Franklin in the second round......no one has done that except for Silva.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:27 PM
lc87

I guess that's true but if he hasn't faced top competition he should need one big win first. Maybe forrest or franklin or verra even just a win over someone top tier.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:31 PM
Hughes_GOAT

Anderson got a title shot after beating Leben...1 fight LOL. Machida will get his shot, they can only deny him for so long. then he'll beat whoever has the title....Page, Sugar, Shogun, etc.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:43 PM
cds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
Anderson got a title shot after beating Leben...1 fight LOL. Machida will get his shot, they can only deny him for so long. then he'll beat whoever has the title....Page, Sugar, Shogun, etc.
Here Here...... As long as Machida keeps his head on straight, I dont really see anyone in LHW that is going to give him any major problems....the guy was born to fight!

Poetry in motion I tell ya. .....and ya I sound like a bias fan, but I tell ya when I watch him fight, some of the stuff he does just gives me goose bumps....like I just watched a movie fight scene that was choreographed and rehearsed.....yet the guy just comes up with it on the fly, and against world class fighters.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cds
Here Here...... As long as Machida keeps his head on straight, I dont really see anyone in LHW that is going to give him any major problems....the guy was born to fight!

Poetry in motion I tell ya. .....and ya I sound like a bias fan, but I tell ya when I watch him fight, some of the stuff he does just gives me goose bumps....like I just watched a movie fight scene that was choreographed and rehearsed.....yet the guy just comes up with it on the fly, and against world class fighters.
:rockon:

[
Old 02-26-2009, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cds

[