Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 08-28-2010, 02:41 AM

Default Joe Lauzon question

Old Joe Lauzon question....

Does anyone know why Joe Lauzon was on the Ultimate Fighter 5? A few months prior to the Ultimate Fighter 5 Finale he had made his UFC debut and had a KO victory over Jens Pulver.

If this was a one fight deal, did the UFC actually NOT offer this guy a contract after KOing a former UFC Champion who was still doing pretty good at this time as well?

Just wondering what the back story is as to why he would have to go through a whole show for the CHANCE at a contract.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:55 AM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Pride View Post
Old Joe Lauzon question....

Does anyone know why Joe Lauzon was on the Ultimate Fighter 5? A few months prior to the Ultimate Fighter 5 Finale he had made his UFC debut and had a KO victory over Jens Pulver.

If this was a one fight deal, did the UFC actually NOT offer this guy a contract after KOing a former UFC Champion who was still doing pretty good at this time as well?

Just wondering what the back story is as to why he would have to go through a whole show for the CHANCE at a contract.
If I remember correctly it was a decision by him to help him get a little bit more exposure.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:57 AM

Now that you say that....it does sound familiar. I think I just forgot.
Old 08-28-2010, 03:42 AM
3dlee

Are you just trying to get Dave all worked up? Lol yeah I think it was Joe just trying to get some face time. It worked. Hes kinduva big deal now, I guess.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:32 PM
Maldonado136

they offered joe the spot on the show and he said no put my brother in but they couldn't because he was underage (there's alcohol in the house) at the time so joe decided to go for it.