Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Old 08-30-2010, 07:16 AM

Default Halo Reach

Is anyone preordering? What's with the free armor and helmet at GameStop? I want to get this for my husband, are the freebies worth getting it at GameStop? I appreciate any tips, I'm not a gamer.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:40 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Is anyone preordering? What's with the free armor and helmet at GameStop? I want to get this for my husband, are the freebies worth getting it at GameStop? I appreciate any tips, I'm not a gamer.
I pre ordered it from Gamestop about a week ago. I am not to sure what the armor will do towards the game as of yet as well with the helmet. I know in M.E2 the armor gave a stat boost. Most likely will be the same possibly. Two different armor pieces and a chance to win a nice looking statue is a pretty cool deal. 1 thing to note the helmet is a standard pre order item from most places.

Heres the details from the website..............

Preorder Halo Reach and receive GameStop exclusive in-game UA Multi-Threat Mjolnir Mark V(B) Armor. While Mark V MJOLNIR armor is designed to operate in a wide variety of combat situations, the UA/Multi-Threat configuration provides Spartans with the most impact across all combat scenarios. The chestpiece's lightweight design allows for maximum freedom of movement while standard MJOLNIR defense systems provide the resilience that helped make Spartans the stuff of legend.

Pre-order Halo Reach and receive a token to download the exclusive in-game Spartan Recon helmet with the Visor/Blast Shield. The helmet will be available for use in Halo: Reach’s campaign and multiplayer modes. Available online and in-store while supplies last.

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/image...n_HelmetV2.gif

Pre-order Halo: Reach for a chance to win a life-sized Halo: Reach Spartan Soldier. Available for online and in-store customers only while supplies last.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ima...N&color_name=2

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Prod...oduct_ID=75976
Old 08-30-2010, 07:46 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Never been much of a Halo guy, but the Beta for this game was pretty gnarly.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:52 AM

Thanks, logrus, great info, that is all really helpful! I want to surprise him with the game, he loves Halo. After looking at your links, it sounds like a good deal and there's a GameStop not too far from us.

Did you order it online or go to their store? I'll bookmark the links.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:01 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Never been much of a Halo guy, but the Beta for this game was pretty gnarly.
http://g4tv.com/videos/48296/Halo-Re...ction-Trailer/

How could you not want to play HALO after this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Thanks, logrus, great info, that is all really helpful! I want to surprise him with the game, he loves Halo. After looking at your links, it sounds like a good deal and there's a GameStop not too far from us.

Did you order it online or go to their store? I'll bookmark the links.
I went to the local Gamestop to pre order Halo when I returned Madden 11 ( sorry JB ='( )

Cool thing is they will be open at Midnight day of launch so your hubby can rock it in the A.M lol.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:36 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Madden 11 is still where it's at

13 days until Football season