Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 08-25-2010, 08:18 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
Did you see him on Fighting Words with Mike Straka? I couldn't help but like the guy very humble and he actually came off as a cool guy and not so cocky!
I believe that was it... I just caught the video on Youtube last week. It was a great interview.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:25 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
For me he went wrong by talking about Matt. He will never have my support.
I agree, it was really Chael's comments about Matt that made me take notice of the nonsense he was saying and put me off to him. That's how it goes with being a fan though, and I still try to be fair when I break things down. There is a part of me that would love to see James Toney beat Randy Couture, but I can't bring myself to actively root for James because he burned a bridge with me as a Roy Jones fan.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:06 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
I agree, it was really Chael's comments about Matt that made me take notice of the nonsense he was saying and put me off to him. That's how it goes with being a fan though, and I still try to be fair when I break things down. There is a part of me that would love to see James Toney beat Randy Couture, but I can't bring myself to actively root for James because he burned a bridge with me as a Roy Jones fan.
Come over to the dark side "The anti-Couture fans"!!
Old 08-25-2010, 09:17 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Come over to the dark side "The anti-Couture fans"!!
I can't be "anti-Couture" at this point...but I've taken a rare "pro-Toney" stance for this fight based on the betting lines and Toney's walk out shirt...but it stops there....
Old 08-25-2010, 09:52 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
butthurt
Old 08-26-2010, 04:12 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Here's a Japanese Manga telling the story of their last fight.

(Remember that Japanese is read right-to-left, not left-to-right):

Quote:
The first panel looks like the title panel. You can see Anderson and Rich Franklin. The next frame is Anderson against Forrest Griffin and he knocks him out. The final frame is the Maia fight. The panel basically says that Anderson has an 11 fight win-streak and dominates the division, but why did he not fight in the 2nd half of the Maia fight? He could've finished him. The audience was disapponted and they say hey don't know why he didn't fight, maybe he was gassed.

This panel talks about the new investors in the UFC, the Shieks and how Dana was pissed off at Anderson's attitude because the whole event was done for them. The next time Anderson dances, he's gone. Anderson has been defeated four times, two of them were by BJJ, but now Anderson has the BJJ Black belt by the Nogueira brothers.The rest of it is some stuff about satellite contracts. I'm guessing that's about PPV availability in Japan.

Now we have Chael Sonnen talking about winning the number one contendership. Talking trash about the black belt in BJJ from the Nog brotthers having no value. The older brother is a punching bag and the other one no one knows. How Anderson always chose the weakest opponents. How Anderson puts oil on his body. Chael says August 7th, he will take Anderson down. He says "I am Chael Sonnen". Then they go on to equate it to pro wrestling.

Hahaha. It says on August 7th, they fought and Anderson's mustache was a topic of concern. His expression isn't clear. He's insecure. Anderson got knocked down by a punch and defeated by boxing..

TAKEDOWN. It's the 3rd round and no one can believe what they are seeing. Chael Sonnen is holding down Anderson Silva. He cannot KO Anderson Silva, but Anderson Silva cannot KO him from this position. Anderson is looking for submissions and continues to move. To the judges, it looks like they are glued together. It may not look pretty, but after 25 minutes this strategy will win the title.

Maybe some people are bored, but this is a good fight and also a title fight. This is crucial to MMA, high level of technique and it takes a lot of practice. As far as takedowns, if you can't defend the takedown, don't criticize the wrestler. The 3rd round is over and Silva will lose if it's a decision. Since it's on the ground, there is no KO, only BJJ. 4th round and he tackles Anderson too much. Is Silva's body broken down? Then he goes back into some satellite stuff. I think he works for the company and it is like a discount for UFC PPVsor something, so he's kinda panicking. It is time for a miracle.

The first panel is Chael taking him down in the 4th round. OK, here it goes into a flashback. Then you see Silva talking to a PRIDE official about not getting a contract. The man tells him when he and Chute Boxe were over, that there's no longer a relationship with him. Then I guess Anderson is on the hill saying no one protects him, there is no work and he has four kids. Then the Nog brothers walk up to him and say they will find him work, they will practice hard together, and get his black belt. It is strong. Then he went on a streak in the UFC.

They lived together like family. Then they look at a TV of Chael talking **** and say that Talks about his rib injury and then Chael thinks there's only two minutes remaining. Anderson hears the Nog brothers in his head basically saying "Don't abandon what we taught you" and that he's tired, the time for the BJJ is now.

Ok, here Chael has an inner monologue/mental breakdown thinking back to how he's always used his wrestling and it always got him 2nd place, even in the WEC. In politics, in business, in pro wrestling, always 2nd. Then he starts talking about how Anderson is a non-English speaking non-fighter. And he won't lose to a non-fighter. And the Nog brothers black belt is like a Happy Meal toy. Then you can see Anderon hit Chael and trap his wrist. And then you see Chael thinking "There's a chance".

Of course, it fails and he loses. Anderson then goes into some "The black belt of the Nogueira brothers is not just a belt, it's a spirtual mindset and a way of life. And then Josh breaks it up and the crowd roars.

Dana asks Sonnen if he's translatijng what Silva is telling Rogan. Then at the press conference, Sonnen says maybe we can do a rematch on TUF. Basically Anderson says he doesn't care if Sonnen apologizes, Sonnen says he was tough. They ask if anyone can best Anderson Silva now and the last frame is Anderson holding his black belt in the air saying "Nog protected me".
I think my favorite part is how they drew Dana.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:24 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
considering chael fought a perfect fight for 4 rounds and still lost my expectations arnt that high for him in the rematch
But Nog was protecting Anderson last time. Will Nog's shield be strong enough this time? Will Sonnen find a way to break the force field?
Old 08-26-2010, 08:25 PM
3dlee

I hate that Chael said bad things about matt. Im a huge fan of our guy, but Chael really looked awesome in the Marquardt fight and took it Anderson bad. I will be rooting for Chael as I am a fan of him in the cage. They just need to keep cameras away from him. I will actually root for Chael against any MW other than Maia or Franklin. Until Robbie gets back in the UFC ofcourse!
Old 08-27-2010, 01:52 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Boomer

Quote:
For me he went wrong by talking about Matt. He will never have my support.
Is there a link or a thread I missed on this?? What did he say??
Boomer is fricking HOT!!!!!
Old 08-27-2010, 02:06 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Is there a link or a thread I missed on this?? What did he say??
When he started his smack talking campaign against Silva, there was a quote that circulated through many articles in which Chael basically said that Matt Hughes had only fought top ten competition twice and he lost both times. Chael also said that Matt's "you have to defend the title to be a champion" belief is silly.

I was the one who pointed this out around here, and many people failed to notice.