Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 08-18-2010, 07:02 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
LOL....a "fast one"...in a Favre-Thread....that's rich....

I am serious... I don't know why you can't see it, but I will post another picture....(which I hope you can see)

I got that picture from Marty McFly and he confirmed that it's a picture from Favre's retirement speech after the Vikings go 9-7 this year and miss the playoffs after he throws another pick at the last second.
Ha, in Madden they did go 9-7 and didnt make the playoffs, I bet my late interception with the Pack had something to do with it.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:26 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Okay, Bonnie and Flo...

I have a serious bone to pick with your boy Brett...

Yesterday during practice, Percy Harvin collapsed and had to be taken to the hospital.

Reports are that Brad Childress was going to call off practice but Favre insisted they run a little longer, and Childress gave in.

That is beyond comprehension to me. First of all, the Coach is supposed to be in charge. Second, Brett should have shown more respect to Percy and not insisted that they keep practicing just because he decided to come to training camp 3 weeks late.

Favre, I am disappoint.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Okay, Bonnie and Flo...

I have a serious bone to pick with your boy Brett...

Yesterday during practice, Percy Harvin collapsed and had to be taken to the hospital.

Reports are that Brad Childress was going to call off practice but Favre insisted they run a little longer, and Childress gave in.

That is beyond comprehension to me. First of all, the Coach is supposed to be in charge. Second, Brett should have shown more respect to Percy and not insisted that they keep practicing just because he decided to come to training camp 3 weeks late.

Favre, I am disappoint.
Oh, that's terrible about Harvin; do we know what happened--heat stroke?

I can't argue with that, JB. The coach should be the one in charge. So why isn't he? Why are they letting Brett come to camp 3 weeks late? Why have they let him get away with this on again/off again crap. Because I do admit, it's crap and not fair to his team.

Maybe it's a case of them reporting something (slanting) in a way to make Brett look bad, JB. You think? I hope that's the case and Brett wasn't so unfeeling and disrespectful to his downed team mate.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:43 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Oh, that's terrible about Harvin; do we know what happened--heat stroke?

I can't argue with that, JB. The coach should be the one in charge. So why isn't he? Why are they letting Brett come to camp 3 weeks late? Why have they let him get away with this on again/off again crap. Because I do admit, it's crap and not fair to his team.

Maybe it's a case of them reporting something (slanting) in a way to make Brett look bad, JB. You think? I hope that's the case and Brett wasn't so unfeeling and disrespectful to his downed team mate.
Heat stroke would be the first logical guess, but actually Harvin has issues with severe migraines, and I mean BAD. I wouldn't be surprised if the migraines are the downfall of his football career. He is supposedly doing better today, so I will be praying for him.

I'm not too sure it's a case of slanted reporting, because its actually coming from a few different sources close to the team that players are starting lose respect for Childress over all the special exceptions given to Favre. We could see a locker room disaster in Minnesota this season...

At the same time, I doubt Brett MEANT it as a slight to Percy, but he should know better.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:54 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Oh, before I have to run out, I want to answer one last question of yours that I overlooked Bonnie...

Why isn't Childress calling the shots?

Because Favre is the one throwing the ball.

Brett doesn't respect Childress or his offensive strategies, we saw that last season, and fans don't buy "Brad Childress" jerseys...