Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 02-25-2009, 09:05 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVEMAN
I did not catch that one! Scary, isn't it?
What's really scary is reading some of the comments on that YouTube video. Some people just have no clue whatsoever how the monetary system works. If your money is not backed up by something real, like gold or silver, then the only thing giving it value is the "good name" of the government that is printing it.

President Obama has already spent 36 billion dollars for every day he's been in office (likely the most fiscally irresponsible act in US history). How long is our "good name" as a nation going to last?

People don't think it can happen in America, but that kind of attitude is what guarantees that it WILL happen.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:12 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

It might stabalize the econony, but IMHO its a BIG risk...if it goes wrong, then you get the hyper inflation

mindue...your country already suffers from paper overload...whose clever idea was it to print dollar bills!! Thats what coinage is for...soooo when I visited the US...I came back with a BROKEN wallet because the seams had burst with me trying to cram in a stupid ammount of notes

Old 02-25-2009, 10:01 PM
CAVEMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
What's really scary is reading some of the comments on that YouTube video. Some people just have no clue whatsoever how the monetary system works. If your money is not backed up by something real, like gold or silver, then the only thing giving it value is the "good name" of the government that is printing it.

President Obama has already spent 36 billion dollars for every day he's been in office (likely the most fiscally irresponsible act in US history). How long is our "good name" as a nation going to last?

People don't think it can happen in America, but that kind of attitude is what guarantees that it WILL happen.
Yes and on top of that, we have become so dependent on foreign goods that it will be a matter of time before the rest of the world tell us "your money is no longer good here". THAT or they'll triple or quadruple the price of anything we buy.

I heard that Obama says he would like to cut the deficit in half by 2013.....I would like to hear how he is going to do it!
Old 02-25-2009, 10:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVEMAN
I heard that Obama says he would like to cut the deficit in half by 2013.....I would like to hear how he is going to do it!
Raise taxes of course. However, I don't think Obama is a "tax and spend" liberal. He's a "spend, then tax" liberal.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:27 PM
CAVEMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Raise taxes of course. However, I don't think Obama is a "tax and spend" liberal. He's a "spend, then tax" liberal.
You hit the nail on the head! I don't want to be "dooms day" type person, but doesn't it make you want to start stock piling food, guns, ammo, the whole bit?

That or start praying the LORD will no longer tarry!