Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 08-17-2010, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
FotN goes to both participants in the fight, winner & loser. Anderson got $120k in bonuses.
i understand that, my point is, is that without chaels effort anderson would not have got the bonus, it was not silva's effort that got him the fotn it was his effort that got him sotn,

he got fotn, by default, by getting pounded on, not by fighting, so dana had to give chael something!!! and he couldn't give him fotn without giving it to silva too

silva got his bonus for his effort, and he got a bonus for chaels effort too

so in conclusion, don't be ticked off that anderson got two bonuses, he got the one solely piggy backing on sonnen, who did deserve it, cause if sonnen didn't get fotn bonus, we would most certainly have something to be ticked about
Old 08-17-2010, 07:44 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
i understand that, my point is, is that without chaels effort anderson would not have got the bonus, it was not silva's effort that got him the fotn it was his effort that got him sotn,

he got fotn, by default, by getting pounded on, not by fighting, so dana had to give chael something!!! and he couldn't give him fotn without giving it to silva too
I gotcha now. Sorry, I was trying to browse through the forums quick while at lunch & I guess I didn't read your post as thoroughly as I should have

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
silva got his bonus for his effort, and he got a bonus for chaels effort too

so in conclusion, don't be ticked off that anderson got two bonuses, he got the one solely piggy backing on sonnen, who did deserve it, cause if sonnen didn't get fotn bonus, we would most certainly have something to be ticked about
I disagree. I think that, without the last-second sub, that wouldn't have gotten FotN. Chael's "bonus" would have been the MW belt & all the fame that goes along with it. There were other fights that night (Guida/Dos Anjos comes to mind) that were more hotly contested that the Silva/Sonnen fight was up until the sub. IMO, that doesn't get FotN unless Silva has that amazing come-from-behind victory. The itself sub was not worthy of SotN, but the sub in context of that bout made the confrontation FotN worthy.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:15 PM

I agree that the sub made that FOTN. otherwise it's a onesided beating. and a sub that turns a one sided beating into FOTN is SOTN worthy.

[
Old 08-17-2010, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
I agree that the sub made that FOTN. otherwise it's a onesided beating. and a sub that turns a one sided beating into FOTN is SOTN worthy.
i disagree with this, a one sided beating is still fotn, fotn is imho for the most entertaining fight, most action, even if it is from only one guy, and 4.5 action packed rds of silva beatdown is very entertaining

of course a two sided slugfest would prolly be a better pick for fotn but a 23 solid minute beatdown of AS in the main event would prolly even trump all the other fights anyways

the only thing that really for sure isn't fotn worthy would be a no action fight

matt's fight was a nice sub, but lacked action, it was too short, therefore no fotn, so submissions in my opinion can't possibly turn a fight into fight of the night, it's an oxymoron, fight of the night takes everything into consideration BUT the ending, that is what the ko and sub bonuses are for
Old 08-17-2010, 09:38 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
I disagree. To be SotN, it has to be the most spectacular sub of the night. When you compare a triangle that Sonnen has tapped to/Silva has won with before vs. a choke that has everyone screaming "What was that, I've never seen it before!!!", it's pretty hands down (IMO) which deserves SotN.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:56 PM
rearnakedchoke

hmmmm .... so does that mean that thiago alves is getting 100k a fight? he had to give 20% to the commish and 20 % to fitch no???
Old 08-17-2010, 10:34 PM
canadiancountryboy

Talking

Should be no problem affording those "2 guns" hey Jeremy Horn and Matt Pena!!