Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 08-16-2010, 06:27 PM

Default Matt Interview about Almeida fight!

This was a really good interview. some of the same old questions but interesting talk about another title run, etc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTDpmcAi7iU

[
Old 08-17-2010, 01:56 AM
3dlee

hey, bro. i got dial up so cant watch vids, anyway we could get a little more detailed synopsis? Thanks!

3dlee
Old 08-17-2010, 02:00 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Boomer

Great find Mark!! Great interview !!!
Boomer is fricking HOT!!!!!
Old 08-17-2010, 03:44 AM

Yes, what Boomer said! I really enjoyed the interview and am so happy that Matt is being asked about getting his belt back.

Here's my wish - that Matt does get it back, defends his championship belt once again and then retires on top of the world.

Anyway, thanks for posting it, Mark.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 08-17-2010, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dlee View Post
hey, bro. i got dial up so cant watch vids, anyway we could get a little more detailed synopsis? Thanks!

3dlee
sorry for the delay, pal
1. Matt walks interviewer through ending of Almeida fight. Matt mentions that he knew he had him, and told ref “He’s out” when he went limp, right before the ref stopped it.
2. Asked about where win puts him in title hunt: Matt says that’s really up to UFC. Taking time off. Feels like his kids got neglected because he’s been training all summer.
3. Interview asks if Matt feels he can give he could give su another title run. Matt says if the UFC wants to put him in that position again he’d “Love to run for the title. You know I had the title for a pretty long time, and I wish I had it now, so you know I’d love to do a title run no matter who the champion might be”.
4. Asked about pressure of being a Hall Of Famer. Matt talks about what an honor it is and the pressure comes from not wanting to disrespect that honor that the UFC has given him. It’s motivating but on top of it it’s a lot of pressure. “Who needs more pressure”. He stresses that he feels very honored by the title of HOFer
5. Asked about what gets him out of bed to train. “Love to compete…competition, that’s what got me in this sport and that’s whats keeping me in it”.
6. What are the biggest changes in the UFC since he started? Unified Rules, working with commissioners, other countries branches. ZUFFA has done everything in their ability to make this sport bigger, better, more well known. “Don’t know how anyone could have done a better job then they have done”.
7. Matt talks about the staff at the HIT Squad or as the interviewer calls it “Team Hughes Gym” (twice). Matt is polite and doesn’t correct him.
8. Asks if Matt will ever make the jump to Twitter. Matt says probably but he’s “Old School Guy” (last to get a cell phone and all that) will probably be the last guy on Twitter
9. Asks Matt who has helped him achieve the most in UFC. Matt says Dana, Lorenzo, and entire UFC staff. He said they are always there for him when he has questions.

Matt seemed very relaxed in this interview.

[
Old 08-17-2010, 03:43 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
sorry for the delay, pal
1. Matt walks interviewer through ending of Almeida fight. Matt mentions that he knew he had him, and told ref “He’s out” when he went limp, right before the ref stopped it.
2. Asked about where win puts him in title hunt: Matt says that’s really up to UFC. Taking time off. Feels like his kids got neglected because he’s been training all summer.
3. Interview asks if Matt feels he can give he could give su another title run. Matt says if the UFC wants to put him in that position again he’d “Love to run for the title. You know I had the title for a pretty long time, and I wish I had it now, so you know I’d love to do a title run no matter who the champion might be”.
4. Asked about pressure of being a Hall Of Famer. Matt talks about what an honor it is and the pressure comes from not wanting to disrespect that honor that the UFC has given him. It’s motivating but on top of it it’s a lot of pressure. “Who needs more pressure”. He stresses that he feels very honored by the title of HOFer
5. Asked about what gets him out of bed to train. “Love to compete…competition, that’s what got me in this sport and that’s whats keeping me in it”.
6. What are the biggest changes in the UFC since he started? Unified Rules, working with commissioners, other countries branches. ZUFFA has done everything in their ability to make this sport bigger, better, more well known. “Don’t know how anyone could have done a better job then they have done”.
7. Matt talks about the staff at the HIT Squad or as the interviewer calls it “Team Hughes Gym” (twice). Matt is polite and doesn’t correct him.
8. Asks if Matt will ever make the jump to Twitter. Matt says probably but he’s “Old School Guy” (last to get a cell phone and all that) will probably be the last guy on Twitter
9. Asks Matt who has helped him achieve the most in UFC. Matt says Dana, Lorenzo, and entire UFC staff. He said they are always there for him when he has questions.

Matt seemed very relaxed in this interview.
Great summary of an awesome interview!
Old 08-17-2010, 05:30 PM

Good interview - you can tell both respect eachother which is really cool.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:32 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

thank you for posting! I enjoyed that
Old 08-17-2010, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
thank you for posting! I enjoyed that
if you want, Dave, I can start posting cliffnote versions of your video blogs
except for my birthday every year. everyone MUST watch you wish me a Happy Birthday

[