Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 08-13-2010, 04:25 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default UFC Releases Ben Saunders

Here's his tweet from @BenSaundersUFC -

Quote:
Sorry everyone I tried to fight my best these past two fights but ended up getting out worked... the UFC has officially cut me... the good news is they told me to work on my wrestling and ground game and then come back... So that is all I am going to be doing... improving dramatically and show them I belong. It was a honor to fight for the @UFC and I will make it back into the mix in due time... no one ever said my dream of getting that belt would be easy... in fact I was denied it as even a possibility and told I was crazy since I was a kid... look how far I have gone feeding off the doubters and haters... it just makes me that much more hungry... I'll be back! There isn't a doubt in my mind. Much respect to Swick, Fitch, and Hallman as they were the better men on those nights and have my full respect. To fight such names is a true honor... now to continue my journey like a ronin searching for the battle that awaits me... it will come and I will be ready... till then I will not stop training and improving myself as a martial artist and human being. Life is nothing but a longterm learning experience... I have learned enough to consider myself a veteran... now to continue my progress and look towards what the future holds for me... staying positive in negative times has been the hardest tests I have ever faced but I have been through harder times and have fought my way through... this is no different... To Joe Silva, Dana White, Lorenzo Fertitta, and the whole staff of the UFC it was good times and I look forward to seeing you all again in the future... To all my fans I thank you all and priomise no matter where I go or who I fight I will be making the biggest and loudest noise I can letting it be known I am still here working harder than ever and will never give up...I will prove my worth and make my return to the UFC... to all the haters... thank you even more you help bring laughter and comedy to my life as well as determination to continue on and push harder than before to make a statement. I always come to fight my mentality has always been win, lose, or draw... I come to bring action and excitement...but it doesn't always work out that way...my mentality has not changed and that is because I love to fight and I love the fans...but as I improve I will continue to become more well rounded so I can fight anywhere and keep the same pace and excitement...that is my ultimate goal...to make my fights as exciting as I can, for all you guys who take the time and money to watch...but above all I will be working on my take-down defense and make them pay every time they try. Much love and respect to all. ;)
2 questions:
  1. How did he manage to fit that into a single 140 character tweet?
  2. Does he have to change his twitter name to @BenSaundersNotInTheUFC ANymore?
Old 08-13-2010, 04:39 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Here's his tweet from @BenSaundersUFC -

2 questions:
  1. How did he manage to fit that into a single 140 character tweet?
  2. Does he have to change his twitter name to @BenSaundersNotInTheUFC ANymore?
It's some tweet app thing for long tweet and basically after 140 characters if just puts a link the another twitter type site. i think it's called tweetlonger or some obvious name like that.

and on the name change . you should tweet him & ask that!
Old 08-13-2010, 07:17 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

He only lost two in a row...so how can they justify dumping him...sorry...I think it was uncalled for.

*tears open the letter he just wrote to dana white to add something about this issue also*

you think I'm joking

Old 08-13-2010, 11:03 PM
sunshine_jkd

I think he will be back. He has great potential. He actually has a jkd backround....although when he fought I saw more of a muay thai style
Old 08-13-2010, 11:24 PM
Stump Rules!

Getting the boot after the second loss in a row is a norm for the new guys.Always has been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
He only lost two in a row...so how can they justify dumping him...sorry...I think it was uncalled for.

*tears open the letter he just wrote to dana white to add something about this issue also*

you think I'm joking

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 08-14-2010, 11:38 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
Getting the boot after the second loss in a row is a norm for the new guys.Always has been.
but he's not new particularly