Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > Announcements > Introductions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 08-13-2010, 08:21 PM
TexasRN's Avatar
TexasRN TexasRN is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texan living in NC
Posts: 4,707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgtchawk View Post
I have a question that maybe one of you guys might know the answer to, has Matt ever had any dealings with Brock Lesnar? Have their paths ever crossed during any training sessions or promotional dealings? It's just curious to me, considering that they are both all American farm boys that wrestled and went on to the UFC and became Champs in their weight class, (Matt in his 4th UFC bout, Brock in his 3rd UFC bout). They both love to hunt and be in the outdoors, and both have publicly addressed God during after fight speeches. It just seems that they have alot in common and I wondered whether or not they had ever crossed one anothers paths and whether or not they were friendly...

Anyways, just something I was curious about...

They are friends.


~Amy
__________________
__________________________________________

My son made this for me:
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-13-2010, 08:26 PM
Sgtchawk
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
Haven't you heard? Christian bashing is the fashionable thing to do now.


~Amy
What I find fascinating is how angry people get over the fact that I have faith in a higher power than myself. What is it about the Christian faith that drives atheists so crazy? If they choose not to believe, then so be it...you can lead a horse to water and all that, but they get aggressively angry when they hear someone else proclaiming a personal belief, that is different from their own world view...

I love to antagonize them by asking where the first molecule came from, or what caused the big bang theory...no matter what they answer, I just ask them where it came from. They'll never have the answer, but I already do...
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-13-2010, 08:28 PM
Sgtchawk
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
They are friends.


~Amy
Well, that's cool. I am a big fan of both, and like I posted, they have alot in common. I thought they probably would be friends if given the chance...
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-13-2010, 09:18 PM
TexasRN's Avatar
TexasRN TexasRN is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texan living in NC
Posts: 4,707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgtchawk View Post
What I find fascinating is how angry people get over the fact that I have faith in a higher power than myself. What is it about the Christian faith that drives atheists so crazy? If they choose not to believe, then so be it...you can lead a horse to water and all that, but they get aggressively angry when they hear someone else proclaiming a personal belief, that is different from their own world view...

I love to antagonize them by asking where the first molecule came from, or what caused the big bang theory...no matter what they answer, I just ask them where it came from. They'll never have the answer, but I already do...
Yeah, I find it fascinating as well. Sometimes, it tickles me and I laugh at them. It's bad of me, but I can't help it. Angry people look ridiculous.


~Amy
__________________
__________________________________________

My son made this for me:
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-13-2010, 09:27 PM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 6,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
Yeah, I find it fascinating as well. Sometimes, it tickles me and I laugh at them. It's bad of me, but I can't help it. Angry people look ridiculous.


~Amy
especially when they go out of their way to be angry about something they don't believe in.
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-13-2010, 10:36 PM
TexasRN's Avatar
TexasRN TexasRN is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texan living in NC
Posts: 4,707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
especially when they go out of their way to be angry about something they don't believe in.
I have found that the best way to respond to someone else's road rage is to point at them and laugh. Boy, does that really piss them off. I learned this from a time when someone did it to me while I was screaming at them from my car. See, angry people are fun.


~Amy
__________________
__________________________________________

My son made this for me:
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-15-2010, 01:51 PM
Sgtchawk
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

So, umm...no video embedding?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcjkCfjcMZQ

Time for some new highlights to be added...
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-15-2010, 03:10 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,909
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgtchawk View Post
So, umm...no video embedding?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcjkCfjcMZQ

Time for some new highlights to be added...
Nope. We use links, that way you dont have to see if you dont want to
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.