Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 08-13-2010, 02:55 AM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 4,984
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
I love the shirt he had on 98 I believe.. The black and blue one!! Someone on here shall correct me if I am wrong on the UFC 98...
Yep that was 98!
http://www.mmaoverload.com/omr-one-m...rt-black-.html
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-13-2010, 03:07 AM
MattHughesRocks's Avatar
MattHughesRocks MattHughesRocks is offline
Stump Rules!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: So Cal
Posts: 9,810
Default

We didn't get freebies at the weigh ins.We got them after...in Matt's room. ZING!



Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
That's awesome! I gotta admit, I was soooo envious of y'all tha got the freebies at the weigh-ins.
__________________


http://stumpdotcom.com/
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-13-2010, 04:39 AM
Sgtchawk
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc87 View Post
I just ordered both.. now debating if I want to mail them down and have matt sign them. Hmmmm
Is that something that Matt does for you guys? If you mail him something, he will sign it for you? That is pretty cool...
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-13-2010, 12:21 PM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 4,984
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgtchawk View Post
Is that something that Matt does for you guys? If you mail him something, he will sign it for you? That is pretty cool...
typically he will when he has time and we like to make a 20 dollar donation to his charity. see the details in his store or Nater can maybe shed some more light on this.
***charity is Rancho 3M orphanage in Mexico.***
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[

Last edited by Llamafighter; 08-13-2010 at 12:39 PM. Reason: adding name of charity
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-13-2010, 01:58 PM
Sgtchawk
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

That's cool. I remember reading that he had gotten involved with an orphanage in Mexico. The men in my church go to the Honduras a couple of times a year. I haven't managed to make the trip yet, but my dad went two yyears ago and helped to rebuild a church...
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-13-2010, 02:29 PM
TexasRN's Avatar
TexasRN TexasRN is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texan living in NC
Posts: 4,709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgtchawk View Post
That's cool. I remember reading that he had gotten involved with an orphanage in Mexico. The men in my church go to the Honduras a couple of times a year. I haven't managed to make the trip yet, but my dad went two yyears ago and helped to rebuild a church...

My bf went to Honduras on a medical mission a year and a half ago. Said it was a very humbling experience. The country is rather unstable right now though so I don't know how many trips are being made at this time by Americans.


~Amy
__________________
__________________________________________

My son made this for me:
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-13-2010, 02:31 PM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 4,984
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
My bf went to Honduras on a medical mission a year and a half ago. Said it was a very humbling experience. The country is rather unstable right now though so I don't know how many trips are being made at this time by Americans.


~Amy
My brother-in -law goes to Costa Rica every summer for a Dr.'s without borders mission type trip. He had very similar experience.

I'd love to do a mission trip of some sort.
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-13-2010, 02:33 PM
Sgtchawk