Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 08-12-2010, 07:33 AM
philips4

I agree w/ Doc Tonya (who I finally got the pleasure of meeting) that we can't compare to our Boomer tales, but it was a Hughes victory and amazing fight!

I got up there Wednesday morning, my hubby and I just spent the last weekend at UFC Versus San Diego enjoying some time w/ Damarques Johnson and his corner (Matt Pena, Jeremy Horn, Sean O'Connel) so I took my friend Kristie who was with me when I met many of you at UFC 98. I have pictures from that too just been to lazy to post.

I had the pleasure of spending a little time with everyone, met some amazing new forum members (umm, and girls can I tell you Mark is even cuter in real life )along w/ the old. Ended up getting to spend a lot of time w/ Silverback and his roomate he brought, Tim. When Silverback was off going to the movies or sleeping or just simply couldn't keep up w/ us we showed Tim a good time at his first UFC fight. Silverback, just gotta say you're the best! One of my buddies was there cornering THREE of the fighters (Anderson Silva, Junior Dos Santos and Phil Davis) so we were able to enjoy many things we wouldn't normally be able to do such as go to their workouts, spend a lot of time w/ Nogueira who was there as a training partner and another one that my buddy trains. We were able to go behind the scenes at weigh ins, and basically they just took us all in as part of their camp! It was certainly a different perspective and being part of three camps was just hectic! We loved watching him walk out w/ his fighter, then change shirts and walk out w/ another...it was funny and he even came out to visit between fights! After the fights we enjoyed getting together w/ all the MH forum people and had a wonderful time! I have to say each and everyone of the forum members I have met have been just amazing! I guess the best ww of all time attracts some pretty great people is all I can think! Anyway, we blew off the giant party bus that pulled up for Silvas entourage so we could spend some time with the REAL champ of the night and the forum members, but when they all went to bed or disappeared we found my buddy and hung w/ the other three camps and eventually ended up at Anderson Silvas after party. Now I didn't care one way or another about Anderson...for me there is only one UFC fighter and its Matt Hughes, however, I didn't really care about the taunting that Anderson did at his last fight but I have to say I have a new-found respect for the man. He showed up at his party, broken ribs and beaten up to visit w/ his fans! We were allowed into his VIP room (helps to be with his coach) and he was incredibly nice and friendly to everyone!! We faded around 4am but he was still there, visiting and taking pictures. As we were leaving he sent word out to the rest of the party and also to the workers that they were all welcome in the room w/ his for pictures or signatures if they liked! I just thought that was pretty nice, considering he just had the crap beaten out of him for 23 minutes to spend hours w/ his fans.

We brought Tim back to his roomie Silverback just as he was getting up to fly home! After saying our goodbyes we got a couple hours sleep and then met everyone at the restaurant for some food, good stories and just sitting in the sun! Even Chael was there in good spirits and we chatted a bit.(how is it he looked worse than Silva) I have to say it was one of the most exciting cards I have ever seen, most respectful fighters, and topped off by Hughes dominating yet another fight ... all in all makes for a pretty good weekend! I flew off to meet my family for a camping trip at a lake and they had to re-live UFC 117 for the next 4 days! Good times, great people.... thanks to all, just for being the way you are!

Going to attempt and post some pictures, I put a few in an album too

This is my favorite, Matt and Hoggie warming up

Anderson at his after party

Mark and Emily

Chael before his fight

Michelle, Ben and Boomer

Doc Tonya and hubby

Just love me my Silverback!!
Old 08-12-2010, 07:51 AM
Blade

Anderson Silva looks beat up and in a lot of discomfort in that photo, I like it
Old 08-12-2010, 01:33 PM

Great additional tale Phillips!! You always seem to have a great time. Wish I'd talked to you more @ 98 but was a little overwhelmed by the whole first UFC experience. Next time!
Great photos too!! thanks for sharing!
somehow you got Boomer without his hat on too!

I could tell by the way Anderson was acting at the post fight presser that he had to have some busted ribs. that is some serious pain.

[
Old 08-12-2010, 10:06 PM

Thanks for the tales Doc T and Christie. Great pics, Christie! How is it that everyone in that third pic has red devil eyes but you?

Anderson looks like he might be on some "feel good" stuff. Can't blame him if he is.

All I can say is Matt Hughes has some attractive boys and girls on his forum (their spouses too!). I'm glad Boomer wasn't wearing his hat. Now if we could just pry Silver's from his head....
Old 08-12-2010, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
Great additional tale Phillips!! You always seem to have a great time. Wish I'd talked to you more @ 98 but was a little overwhelmed by the whole first UFC experience. Next time!
Great photos too!! thanks for sharing!
somehow you got Boomer without his hat on too!

I could tell by the way Anderson was acting at the post fight presser that he had to have some busted ribs. that is some serious pain.
Ditto, ditto! He said it best.

The pic of Boomer, Michelle and Ben is great!!

(My goodness, Ben is a tall one...)
Old 08-12-2010, 10:18 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Ditto, ditto! He said it best.

The pic of Boomer, Michelle and Ben is great!!

(My goodness, Ben is a tall one...)
Why is it that's what everyone always says the first time they meet me????
Old 08-12-2010, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Hey, look at it like this, everyone will always look up to you.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:33 PM

Quote:
You looked shorter on the forum.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:38 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
You looked shorter on the forum.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:47 PM
DonnaMaria

Quote:
um........because you are freakishly TALL?!?!?

but I say that with all kindness and affection, truly!