Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 08-11-2010, 04:13 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dlee View Post
That picture of Rashad is hillarious. I do see where Rashad is coming from, but its really kinda dumb. Am I correct in that the 3rd GSP fight was the first to see Matt start fighting southpaw? I can't remember exactly. But if so, then that means in his other fights, Matt stood orthodox and still shot for takedowns. Or I could be wrong all together, somebody please let me know lol.

Either way I think switching stances for certain fights makes total sense. Especially if you think that your opponent is training against you assuming you're fighting in the other stance. Matt can very well win a fight just by picking his stance (which hes VERY effective from either) and completely throwing off his opponent and everything his opponent his opponent has trained for.

In conclusion, Matt rocks and Rashad is dumb.
Not to come off like a witch, but you see where he's coming from? But yet you conclude he is dumb?
Old 08-11-2010, 09:23 PM
3dlee

Ha, yeah I proofread and found the contradiction but decided to leave it anyway. I guess I should say "I understand his train of thought, but he's incorrect"