Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 08-10-2010, 10:11 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
There is plenty of crow to go around after Saturday.
Hey, Chael-hater, back off! This is for Matt Hughes-related crow, only!!!
Old 08-11-2010, 01:04 AM
3dlee

This thread is EPIC. I grin bigger and bigger with each passing former critic thats jumping on the bandwagon. "Who would have ever though Matt would be on the rise back into the title picture?"... duh! Look over here! Lots of us! lol

And what really grinds me gears is the people that were saying that Matt can't beat GSP... um.. HE ALREADY HAS! He FINISHED GsP. Matt's the only person to ever submit GSP.

Last edited by 3dlee; 08-11-2010 at 01:09 AM.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:08 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dlee View Post
This thread is EPIC. I grin bigger and bigger with each passing former critic thats jumping on the bandwagon. "Who would have ever though Matt would be on the rise back into the title picture?"... duh! Look over here! Lots of us! lol
haha, yeah, pretty much! That's why I started this thread.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:46 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Question asked by a journalist at the Post-fight presser:

Quote:
Journalist: And I think, before tonight, um, ya know . . . Matt was at a point where, ya know, he was in the Hall of Fame, and, uh, came off a couple losses, and, and such, and I think perception on the outside was, maybe, he was in the twilight of his career, but now that he's shown what he can still do, wha- how do you look at Matt and where he's at in his career, and wh- where his future lies with the UFC?

Dana White: Well, I never thought that. Hughes' last fight against Renzo Gracie: Hughes is one of these guys and has always been one of these guys that no matter what happens to him, or what's going on in his life, he never says "No" to a fight. He's never turned down a fight, he always takes fights, and I'll just leave it at that

I thikn people were looking at his performance against Renzo and thinking maybe he was in his twilight, but I knew he wasn't. I knew he was going to be better & stronger for this fight.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:11 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Hey, Chael-hater, back off! This is for Matt Hughes-related crow, only!!!

I have no qualms in saying I'm not fan of Chael Sonnen.

but who cares about what some so-called journalists think about Matt Hughes?

It's good to see that some are finally ready to eat their words, but we should have come to expect this ignorance when it comes to the way some haters talk about Matt. With Chael, it's just more polarizing for me because it's fresh and new. 6 months ago a lot of fans hadn't even heard of Chael Sonnen, but Matt has been a legend for years and journalists have been writing him off and bashing him for a while now.

Oh, as expected, you can also add Rodney Dean from Sherdog to the list of tools not sharp enough to leave the shed when it comes to Matt Hughes. He said on MMA Sunday School that Matt is basically always trying to subtly bash his opponents and that by Matt saying he was happy to see an old wrestling move beat a Brazilian he was trying to stick the knife in Ricardo a little more.

Last edited by J.B.; 08-11-2010 at 04:11 AM.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:17 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:

I have no qualms in saying I'm not fan of Chael Sonnen.

but who cares about what some so-called journalists think about Matt Hughes?

It's good to see that some are finally ready to eat their words, but we should have come to expect this ignorance when it comes to the way some haters talk about Matt. With Chael, it's just more polarizing for me because it's fresh and new. 6 months ago a lot of fans hadn't even heard of Chael Sonnen, but Matt has been a legend for years and journalists have been writing him off and bashing him for a while now.

Oh, as expected, you can also add Greg Savagr from Sherdog to the list of tools not sharp enough to leave the shed when it comes to Matt Hughes. He said on MMA Sunday School that Matt is basically always trying to subtly bash his opponents and that by Matt saying he was happy to see an old wrestling move beat a Brazilian he was trying to stick the knife in Ricardo a little more.
What a friggin' tool. The only thing I ever use Slumdog for anymore in fighter stats. Their news is terribly biased & behind by at least a coupla hours and their forums are just a bunch of flamers.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:33 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
What a friggin' tool. The only thing I ever use Slumdog for anymore in fighter stats. Their news is terribly biased & behind by at least a coupla hours and their forums are just a bunch of flamers.
Yeah, the forums are garbage, but that's any forum with thousands of people for one vast topic like MMA. The Boxing section has some okay dudes who I know from other sites, but I barely go there anymore.

The news on Sherdog is just like any other site to me. Some of it's good, some of it's crap. I like listening to the radio shows because they are decently produced and provide some funny banter from time to time, but just like any other talk-radio shows it' not 100% hit or miss all the time for everybody. It's all just very subjective opinions for the most part.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Oh, as expected, you can also add Greg Savagr from Sherdog to the list of tools not sharp enough to leave the shed when it comes to Matt Hughes. He said on MMA Sunday School that Matt is basically always trying to subtly bash his opponents and that by Matt saying he was happy to see an old wrestling move beat a Brazilian he was trying to stick the knife in Ricardo a little more.[/B]
Sounds like he needs to make a visit to the Wizard of Oz for a brain to fill in that void between his ears.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:10 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

I made a typo...it wasn't Gregg Savage who said that, it was actually Rodney Dean. I was mistaken.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:33 AM

Quote:
I made a typo...it wasn't Gregg Savage who said that, it was actually Rodney Dean. I was mistaken.
JB, a "typo" is generally considered to be an error in spelling. That's a big darn typo you got there.

Okay, back on topic...

What I was going to say before getting sidetracked was my previous post still applies just redirected at Rodney Dean. That is, if your positive sure you have the right person who said it, now.