Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 02-26-2009, 01:47 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
I know what you're talking about but it's not entirely true. I go against the grain quite often and they don't attack me. You can voice your own, differing opinions. You just can't do it in an attacking sort of way. That's when the "gang" gets defensive. Give it a try. I think you'll be fine.
Also, that "gang mentality" will exist on whatever forum you go to. I've been a member of more than 10 forums over the last 7 years and they're all the same in general (even though the theme of each forum varies widely). There is a consensus view and anyone who doesn't agree with that view is not going to fit in completely.

However, there are also the forums that are unmoderated and degrade to nothing but chaos. Those don't serve any purpose but to give keyboard warriors an exaggerated sense of self-importance.

This is Matt's website, thus people are not going to be allowed to insult Matt on it. It would be ridiculous to assume otherwise. Also, Matt wants there to be a definite conservative Christian theme to this site. People are allowed to have opposing views, but they need to be respectful with how they present those views. Because we are essentially on Matt's property when we are here.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:54 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard
You wouldn't stand a chance in a forum that allows people to have differing opinions.
You probably need to define what you mean by "have differing opinions." You claim to have been lurking here for over a year, but you obviously haven't been paying that close of attention. We have plenty of liberals and Obama-supporters who post here regularly.

Saying something like "I support Obama and I think he's doing a good job," is fine. Be prepared to defend you definition of "good job," but you're not going to get banned for that statement.

Saying, "I support Obama and anyone who doesn't is just a racist," is NOT acceptable. You still won't get banned for that, but you'll likely get a warning or just have that particular statement deleted.

Do you understand the difference?
Old 02-26-2009, 02:41 AM
Stump Rules!

Your so full of it I've been on here for THREE years getting my ass kicked all the time for disagreeing with members, other Mods and Admin but I'm still here and have been a Mod almost the entire time.I've had knock down drag out fights with almost every regular here and survived! I've been to the Hit Squad, and even the Hughes farm, practically brawled with Mark Hughes and I'm a girl
It goes both ways. You've obviously not been paying attention.
You've just come here to get a rise and a little laugh with your friend. Well, funny haha your not but welcome to the forums anyway. I'm working real hard to not call you a name right now

Quote:
I hate to have my first post start this way, but here goes.

"I really believe that we have the best forum on the internet period."

While I have enjoyed reading here, I have never felt comfortable posting because I have seen the gang mentality in action here when one goes against the grain.

I have lurked here for probably over a year at least and have seen so much that has made me bite my tongue. I have seen posts deleted because the authors views didn't coincide with the moderators and things to that effect.

I have seen people banned for differing views, especially if one doesn't follow lock-step and love Bush and Christianity.

I could hold back no more, and apologize if I have offended anyone. I'm just calling it like I see it.

Oh Yeah, Looking forward to Matt's next fight. Go Matt!

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 02-26-2009, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks
Your so full of it I've been on here for THREE years getting my ass kicked all the time for disagreeing with members, other Mods and Admin but I'm still here and have been a Mod almost the entire time.I've had knock down drag out fights with almost every regular here and survived! I've been to the Hit Squad, and even the Hughes farm, practically brawled with Mark Hughes and I'm a girl
You've just come here to get a rise and a little laugh with your friend. Well, funny haha your not but welcome to the forums anyway. I'm working real hard to not call you a name right now
What the--!?!?!?!

[
Old 02-26-2009, 03:00 AM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
You're not a dude???
Old 02-26-2009, 03:15 AM
Stump Rules!

Screw you guys

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 02-26-2009, 03:15 AM
Chuck

Quote:
I hate to have my first post start this way, but here goes.
Then why start it like this???

"I really believe that we have the best forum on the internet period."
It's Dave's opinion... .he has a right to it.

While I have enjoyed reading here, I have never felt comfortable posting because I have seen the gang mentality in action here when one goes against the grain.
So you enjoy reading about a gang mentality you don't agree with???

I have lurked here for probably over a year at least and have seen so much that has made me bite my tongue. I have seen posts deleted because the authors views didn't coincide with the moderators and things to that effect.
Name one.

I have seen people banned for differing views, especially if one doesn't follow lock-step and love Bush and Christianity.
That's not true.

I could hold back no more, and apologize if I have offended anyone. I'm just calling it like I see it.
But why now? In the middle of a members thread about how much they enjoy this place??

Oh Yeah, Looking forward to Matt's next fight. Go Matt!
This is the classic Troll closing.... say anything you want but end it with a Rah Rah Matt!!! Go team Hughes!!!
Welcome
Old 02-26-2009, 03:17 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Screw you guys

Well now that we know you're a girl that means something completely different!!!!
Old 02-26-2009, 03:18 AM
Primadawn

Regulars, please take note: Ben is responsible for this!
Old 02-26-2009, 03:21 AM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadawn
Regulars, please take note: Ben is responsible for this!
Yup, I'm the one that called the moron a moron!!