Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 08-08-2010, 07:50 AM

Congratulations on an impressive victory!
Old 08-08-2010, 08:30 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Wowser...I am REALLY impressed! I hear that You won one of the Bonuses for that, and I'm not surprised. I shall admit I thought you would win by decision, I was NOT expecting a finish...certainly not like...that. I had a very long debate with another English Video Predictor who simply doesnt like you for no good reason and was going on and on and on....well. That shut him up

I keep saying, and people keep forgetting...outside of GSP...specifically at Welterweight...(not catch weight) who is it that all these haters believe you've lost too that would make you suddenly not valid anymore?? The answer is...noone...its a lot of hype surrounding the possibility of retirement that has made them think suddenly you cant perform....which is why they constantly get a shock every time you win.

He voted against you with Serra, he voted against you with Gracie, He voted against you with Almeida...EVERY SINGLE TUME I told him all he was doing was listening to the voices of uneducated trolls who were convinced since you were going to retire, you werent a threat no more...I kept telling him there was absolutely NO good reason to suppose that you were any less then before GSP3...but would he listen to reason

No

Well now he's been shown ...not that I bragged....much
Old 08-08-2010, 09:45 AM

Well done, great punch and what a sub!

Only the SPiders wonder submission to escape defeat knocked off sub off the night!
Old 08-08-2010, 10:00 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion View Post
Well done, great punch and what a sub!

Only the SPiders wonder submission to escape defeat knocked off sub off the night!
No. Matt Hughes won Sub of the Night....Chael and Anderson won Fight of the Night, and incase your wondering Stefan Struve won Knockout of the Night.

oh...hang on Anderson won an additional Sub of the Night award on top of Fight of the Night.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:02 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

do you know...Ricardo had never been submitted before last night
Old 08-08-2010, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
No. Matt Hughes won Sub of the Night....Chael and Anderson won Fight of the Night, and incase your wondering Stefan Struve won Knockout of the Night.

oh...hang on Anderson won an additional Sub of the Night award on top of Fight of the Night.
Confused by hey the fact is -what a sub! And against a Gracie - that is the probably the worst cause of loss for a Gracie. But in fairness that beautiful left hook must of had his head ringing.

Absolute spot on - not a big power punch - just the sort you don't see that is sharp and leaves you reeling. one of the best Hughes finishes!
Old 08-08-2010, 01:42 PM
billwilliams70

Way to go Matt!

Later.
Old 08-08-2010, 02:23 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion View Post
Confused by hey the fact is -what a sub! And against a Gracie - that is the probably the worst cause of loss for a Gracie. But in fairness that beautiful left hook must of had his head ringing.

Absolute spot on - not a big power punch - just the sort you don't see that is sharp and leaves you reeling. one of the best Hughes finishes!
I absolutely agree. I think that has to be one of my favourite Hughes Fights, Short and to the point, showing off all his most positive attributes, like strength, wrestling...and a finish against possibly the most legitamate Gracie-trained he has fought yet. Came out relatively unscathed, prooved a load of haters wrong. It was...as some other site said that JB quoted in the spoilers thread "absolute perfection" it just was simply outstanding.

To Ricardos credit, he didnt tap out... but...not sure he had much of a chance to be fair

It appears the UFC have heavily rewarded Anderson...which I think is okay...reinforce good behaviour. Anderson got his pay plus winners bonus, then ontop of that he got fight of the night, and on top of that he got the equivilent of a submission of the night bonus also. Thats three atop his salary for the fight. Hopefully that, combined with how close Chael came to winning will convince him its worth putting on a show EVERY time he fights
Old 08-08-2010, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I absolutely agree. I think that has to be one of my favourite Hughes Fights, Short and to the point, showing off all his most positive attributes, like strength, wrestling...and a finish against possibly the most legitamate Gracie-trained he has fought yet. Came out relatively unscathed, prooved a load of haters wrong. It was...as some other site said that JB quoted in the spoilers thread "absolute perfection" it just was simply outstanding.

To Ricardos credit, he didnt tap out... but...not sure he had much of a chance to be fair

It appears the UFC have heavily rewarded Anderson...which I think is okay...reinforce good behaviour. Anderson got his pay plus winners bonus, then ontop of that he got fight of the night, and on top of that he got the equivilent of a submission of the night bonus also. Thats three atop his salary for the fight. Hopefully that, combined with how close Chael came to winning will convince him its worth putting on a show EVERY time he fights
yeah Anderson will know he has been in a fight when he wakes this morning. Chael was so so close. Have to take my hat off to andersons chin and heart and skill. For alll his talk - at least Chael did do what he said - he roughed him up! And this makes everyone take Andersons ability and champion heart and notch him up a grade.

Whenever I watch Matt fight now I am on tenterhooks and was a bit nervous - as to begin Almeadia looked sharp. Nothing to trouble Hughes to begin with but he looked quick.

The great thing is that people now will actually be worried - I think for the first real time MMA fighters will be like "well I fear hughes on the ground, and getting taked down but I need to watch those punches cos the'll hurt"

The fact Matt has this mentally equips even better.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:27 PM
Crisco

HUGHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that is all.