Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-06-2010, 08:54 PM
Jonlion's Avatar
Jonlion Jonlion is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London
Posts: 1,306
Default Can they do it?

Can my Texas Rangers win the MLB this year?

They have been looking good
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-06-2010, 09:47 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion View Post
Can my Texas Rangers win the MLB this year?

They have been looking good
They certainly are playing well, and renting Cliff Lee for the rest of the year will definitely help.

Still, I doubt it. Even though I'm a die hard White-Sox fan and I would love to say THEY are gonna win (and they are in 1st place in the ALC), I still think it comes down to the Yankees or the Rays in the American League.

I love Nolan Ryan though, and would be happy for him if he could win a World Series with the Rangers, even if he is just a front office guy now I know that would be special for him.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-07-2010, 08:23 PM
Jonlion's Avatar
Jonlion Jonlion is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London
Posts: 1,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
They certainly are playing well, and renting Cliff Lee for the rest of the year will definitely help.

Still, I doubt it. Even though I'm a die hard White-Sox fan and I would love to say THEY are gonna win (and they are in 1st place in the ALC), I still think it comes down to the Yankees or the Rays in the American League.

I love Nolan Ryan though, and would be happy for him if he could win a World Series with the Rangers, even if he is just a front office guy now I know that would be special for him.
Yeah I have been noticing the White Sox are doing well, quite like them.

I always thought Boston and the Cubs were huge teams with big reputations but them seem impotent again this year.

I really dislike the Yankees, mainly because they keep winning. Fingers crossed for the Rangers.

And hopefully the Detroit Lions can be a force next year,.............too far?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-07-2010, 11:26 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion View Post
Yeah I have been noticing the White Sox are doing well, quite like them.

I always thought Boston and the Cubs were huge teams with big reputations but them seem impotent again this year.

I really dislike the Yankees, mainly because they keep winning. Fingers crossed for the Rangers.

And hopefully the Detroit Lions can be a force next year,.............too far?
The Lions should win more games than they did last season, but being a "force" is a bit of a stretch at this point.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-19-2010, 08:42 PM
BamaGrits84
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I'm pulling for Atl. With Chipper out it's going to be hard but I'm really hoping they can pull it off this year.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.