Old 08-06-2010, 04:20 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

More classic Sonnen...

this video is titled "Chael Sonnen....Republican"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8iU0KiWtoc
Old 08-06-2010, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21 View Post
People hate on Silva based on his last few fights, I can understand being frustrated with his performances, but he also was facing guys not willing to engage....People justify rooting for Sonnen because of AS last few fights, but that doesn't make sense imo because when is the last time you saw an entertaining Chael Sonnen fight? He bores the hell out of me, and he's a **** human-being.
I don't think that statement (in bold) is accurate at all. After having discussed this particular topic with JB indepth on several occasions, I think it's fair to say (especially in that last fight in Abu Dhabi) that you had two fighters wanting the other one to engage the way they wanted the fight to go which happened to be in polar opposite directions. Demian Maia repeatedly attempted takedowns, granted with little success, but still... It wasn't Maia's obligation to take Anderson's bait. You didn't see Anderson jumping in Maia's guard, did you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Just watching Thiago's face every time Sonnen talks is so classic...

You gotta give Sonnen that much, he will deliver some good ones from time to time...
Did you (or anybody else) notice, during one of Chael's close-ups when he was answering a ? (kind of near the end), Thiago, his eyes, both of them were blinking repeatedly at the same time? It was very strange, and weird.

Last edited by Bonnie; 08-06-2010 at 04:39 AM.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:30 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Did you (or anybody else) notice, during one of Chael's close-ups when he was answering a ? (kind of near the end), Thiago, his eyes, both of them were blinking repeatedly at the same time? It was very strange, and weird.
He was probably thinking...."damn, I weigh more than Chael Sonnen right now"
Old 08-06-2010, 04:38 AM

Quote:
He was probably thinking...."damn, I weigh more than Chael Sonnen right now"
It was at 30:30 when Chael is talking "he doesn't know what respect is". You can see Thiago...
Old 08-06-2010, 04:53 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
It was at 30:30 when Chael is talking "he doesn't know what respect is". You can see Thiago...
Watching Thiago that whole time is hilarious. People taking screen caps left and right. At first you could see him biting his lips a little bit, but sometimes it's just hard not to laugh at Chael.

Sonnen is quite possibly the biggest troll in MMA history when you consider the hype he has managed to work up for this fight.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Watching Thiago that whole time is hilarious. People taking screen caps left and right. At first you could see him biting his lips a little bit, but sometimes it's just hard not to laugh at Chael.

Sonnen is quite possibly the biggest troll in MMA history when you consider the hype he has managed to work up for this fight.
Well, Dana seemed to be defending him and his hyping. Just saying...

I do have to agree with you though, a little bit of him goes a long way. But at least he is good for some laughs.

I like the way Anderson speaks and presents himself outside the cage. Although I do wish he would speak English more; I'm of the same mind as Chael on that--I'm thinking Anderson can speak and understand English just fine, but for his own reasons chooses not too. Maybe he thinks it will cut down on the number of questions he has to answer or promoting he's asked to do for fights. I really liked the piece Rachelle Leah did with him on one of the UFC Countdowns. He came across as a big kid....very likeable.

I hope this doesn't end like the Anderson/Forrest fight...at least not that quickly! We'll just have to wait for Saturday...
Old 08-06-2010, 05:29 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Well, Dana seemed to be defending him and his hyping. Just saying...
I do have to agree with you though, a little bit of him goes a long way. But at least he is good for some laughs.

I like the way Anderson speaks and presents himself outside the cage. Although I do wish he would speak English more; I'm of the same mind as Chael on that--I'm thinking Anderson can speak and understand English just fine, but for his own reasons chooses not too. Maybe he thinks it will cut down on the number of questions he has to answer or promoting he's asked to do for fights. I really liked the piece Rachelle Leah did with him on one of the UFC Countdowns. He came across as a big kid....very likeable.

I hope this doesn't end like the Anderson/Forrest fight...at least not that quickly! We'll just have to wait for Saturday...
Oh I wouldn't expect Dana to criticize the great Chael Sonnen...Heck...99.6% of the public voted for him.

He's the hot commodity right now because he won't just STFU...but only 2 more days...

No, seriously, what Chael is doing is not that big of a deal and it's good for fans, but he's gone a bit overboard on some things that from a PR standpoint the UFC just doesn't need.

I don't mind if Silva doesn't speak English. He may know more than he lets on, but it's not his native tongue so I don't expect him to be comfortable speaking in it. There are lots of interviews with Silva on an individual level where he is much more engaged, but it seems like he does tend to get annoyed in press conference type environments. It's easy to understand why though. Lately, every time he has been in that setting it's been the same stupid question over and over again just re-phrased in a blatant attempt to get Silva to fire back at Chael and play that mind game. If it's one thing we know about Silva, he doesn't play anybody's games. You ultimately have to play his game, and then we know what happens....lights out.