Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 08-04-2010, 03:05 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Default Brett Favre, Retirement?

Discuss...

again....
Old 08-04-2010, 03:07 AM
matthughesfan21

I hope the media whore makes up his mind, I'd like to see him retire and sink into seclusion so I never have to see his face anymore...I loathe him
Old 08-04-2010, 03:08 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Holy thread resurr - o, wait, this is a new one?
Old 08-04-2010, 03:37 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21 View Post
I hope the media whore makes up his mind, I'd like to see him retire and sink into seclusion so I never have to see his face anymore...I loathe him
Jeez man...I'm a Cardinals fan 4 life, but I'm also a Bears fan who grew up in Chicago watching him shred us and even I don't hate the guy that much...
Old 08-04-2010, 03:38 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Holy thread resurr - o, wait, this is a new one?

Yup...it's the 3rd annual Favre Retirement Thread

For those who DON'T know...the news today is that he is NOT playing next season...
Old 08-04-2010, 03:46 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Jeez man...I'm a Cardinals fan 4 life, but I'm also a Bears fan who grew up in Chicago watching him shred us and even I don't hate the guy that much...
I never hated him until the last few offseasons, I actually liked watching him play even though he was a Packer...I liked his playing style, but I am soooo sick of this indecisive BS every offseason....He's become a diva and it irritates and I want him to go away so ESPN will actually have to find some other news to report
Old 08-04-2010, 03:51 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
I never hated him until the last few offseasons, I actually liked watching him play even though he was a Packer...I liked his playing style, but I am soooo sick of this indecisive BS every offseason....He's become a diva and it irritates and I want him to go away so ESPN will actually have to find some other news to report
I totally agree with you on the fact that he has been irritating the last few seasons. (and irritating to see on those wrangler commercials)

Let me ask you this though, because it's an interesting question...

Who has been worse... Lebron James or Brett Favre?
Old 08-04-2010, 04:01 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
I totally agree with you on the fact that he has been irritating the last few seasons. (and irritating to see on those wrangler commercials)

Let me ask you this though, because it's an interesting question...

Who has been worse... Lebron James or Brett Favre?
This year? LBJ....Overall? Favre
Old 08-04-2010, 04:07 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
This year? LBJ....Overall? Favre
I agree...

What Brett has done is much worse than LeBron...

I will give Favre a slight benefit of the doubt in wanting to see how his ankle surgery played out, but if he decides to come back after the training camps and preseason is over, or if he rides in on a white horse during the Vikings bye-week in week 4, I hope the media slams him good.

LeBron has taken it on the chin, and yes he made a couple arrogant moves, but Favre could have told the Vikings a while back and actually given them a chance to secure a good QB...like Donovan McNabb. LeBron didn't really owe that to the Cavs organization after 7 years IMO.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:09 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
I agree...

What Brett has done is much worse than LeBron...

I will give Favre a slight benefit of the doubt in wanting to see how his ankle surgery played out, but if he decides to come back after the training camps and preseason is over, or if he rides in on a white horse during the Vikings bye-week in week 4, I hope the media slams him good.

LeBron has taken it on the chin, and yes he made a couple arrogant moves, but Favre could have told the Vikings a while back and actually given them a chance to secure a good QB...like Donovan McNabb.
this year with the ankle hasn't bothered me as much, but the last few years where he drags it out until the last minute is just complete bogus...Lebron put on a media charade this summer which irritated me and I probably wont' find myself rooting for him as much anymore, but throughout the last several years, his media-whoreness pales in comparison to Favre