Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 08-01-2010, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
That's really rough, Shawn, I'm sorry. I agree with you that she does need to have her copy of the court order, but I think it's pretty clear that she doesn't want to communicate with you. If it were me, I think I'd eithre have my lawyer send it to her or else the courts (probably the better option since they're neutral). I know this is a rough trial, but just focus on littleBen & how much you love him. Let the rest just fade away & enjoy your time with him.
Excellent advice.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post

I will pray for all of you, Shawn. I pray God softens mom's heart and that He will guide you both to always do what's in Ben's best interests.
That is a beautiful sentiment, Bonnie, I'll try to remember to ask the same.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:27 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post

What are you trying to say?

http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/sh...549#post127549

Old 08-01-2010, 04:28 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
That is a beautiful sentiment, Bonnie, I'll try to remember to ask the same.
Me, too.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:55 AM
surveyorshawn

I appreciate all this encouragement and the offers of prayers more than any of you know! I am truly privileged to be associated with such Godly and caring people. Hearing the thoughts from mothers has helped with my perspective greatly too. I already had the perspective of being abandoned by my father at a young age and being raised with my younger sister by a single mother who carried a lot of resentment toward my dad. Hearing from you guys has helped widen that greatly. Because my dad left completely, I had already vowed even as a young child, that no matter what happened, I would always do whatever is in my power to be a daddy to my children and not leave them, ever.

I write this after yet another emotionally exhausting dealing with his mom, but that sweet little blue-eyed boy snuggled up next to me right now is all worth it and more to me! The last couple of emails his mom & I exchanged seemed more peaceful, and I mentioned how I had wanted to talk about modifying the 5 weeks when I picked him up because it is so long for her not to see him. Maybe she will email me back and ask how I am willing to work it around. I hope so, and that doing so will be a major step toward reconciling in our roles as Ben's parent. Thank you guys for the prayers, we all need them, especially Benaiah David..
Old 08-03-2010, 04:53 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Relieved, sore & happy

Relieved because yesterday work was absolute insanity, but today it's back to normal. I actually have time to think, check e-mails, smile, breath, etc.

Sore because of training last night (I got punched in the face!! ).

Happy because of training last night (I got punched in the face!! ).
Old 08-03-2010, 05:08 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by surveyorshawn View Post
I appreciate all this encouragement and the offers of prayers more than any of you know! I am truly privileged to be associated with such Godly and caring people. Hearing the thoughts from mothers has helped with my perspective greatly too. I already had the perspective of being abandoned by my father at a young age and being raised with my younger sister by a single mother who carried a lot of resentment toward my dad. Hearing from you guys has helped widen that greatly. Because my dad left completely, I had already vowed even as a young child, that no matter what happened, I would always do whatever is in my power to be a daddy to my children and not leave them, ever.

I write this after yet another emotionally exhausting dealing with his mom, but that sweet little blue-eyed boy snuggled up next to me right now is all worth it and more to me! The last couple of emails his mom & I exchanged seemed more peaceful, and I mentioned how I had wanted to talk about modifying the 5 weeks when I picked him up because it is so long for her not to see him. Maybe she will email me back and ask how I am willing to work it around. I hope so, and that doing so will be a major step toward reconciling in our roles as Ben's parent. Thank you guys for the prayers, we all need them, especially Benaiah David..
That overly used statement "God works in mysterious ways" is really true. All the nonsense I have been going through with my childrens father well it's actually started a healing process for all of us..Good luck and I know no matter what the outcome will be that soon you both will reach a point where Benaiahs best interest will be honored by both parties..
Old 08-03-2010, 05:19 PM
BamaGrits84

I feel ironic. A little too ironic. OK sorry about that 90s music flash back intro. Anyways, Sunday we had softball practice. The coach ask me "Kelly what position do you want to play?" I preceed to tell him catcher in co-ed because I'm a coward and despite my 4 years at 3rd base playing fast pitch, no teenage girl can hit like a 250lb man and I'm not interest in getting hit with a line drive to the face. Yes I am paranoid. But not really. Everyone kind of laughs it off and we start practicing and then wham! Short stop takes a line drive to the face! (Right field never felt so good to me.) He dropped and I enter mom mode even though the guys is only maybe 2 years younger than me. Once we got ice on his eye I told him there was no need to waste that shinner. Stop by our house after pratice and my hubby would hook him up with a TapouT shirt to wear around and he'd look like the coolest guy in town.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:20 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
That overly used statement "God works in mysterious ways" is really true. All the nonsense I have been going through with my childrens father well it's actually started a healing process for all of us..Good luck and I know no matter what the outcome will be that soon you both will reach a point where Benaiahs best interest will be honored by both parties..
Random thought but please tell me when your phone rings and it's the kiddo's dad you're ringer for him is "Just my baby daddy"!
Old 08-03-2010, 05:22 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
I feel ironic. A little too ironic. OK sorry about that 90s music flash back intro. Anyways, Sunday we had softball practice. The coach ask me "Kelly what position do you want to play?" I preceed to tell him catcher in co-ed because I'm a coward and despite my 4 years at 3rd base playing fast pitch, no teenage girl can hit like a 250lb man and I'm not interest in getting hit with a line drive to the face. Yes I am paranoid. But not really. Everyone kind of laughs it off and we start practicing and then wham! Short stop takes a line drive to the face! (Right field never felt so good to me.) He dropped and I enter mom mode even though the guys is only maybe 2 years younger than me. Once we got ice on his eye I told him there was no need to waste that shinner. Stop by our house after pratice and my hubby would hook him up with a TapouT shirt to wear around and he'd look like the coolest guy in town.
Hahahahahaha