Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 08-01-2010, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
That's really rough, Shawn, I'm sorry. I agree with you that she does need to have her copy of the court order, but I think it's pretty clear that she doesn't want to communicate with you. If it were me, I think I'd eithre have my lawyer send it to her or else the courts (probably the better option since they're neutral). I know this is a rough trial, but just focus on littleBen & how much you love him. Let the rest just fade away & enjoy your time with him.
Excellent advice.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post

I will pray for all of you, Shawn. I pray God softens mom's heart and that He will guide you both to always do what's in Ben's best interests.
That is a beautiful sentiment, Bonnie, I'll try to remember to ask the same.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:27 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post

What are you trying to say?

http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/sh...549#post127549

Old 08-01-2010, 03:28 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
That is a beautiful sentiment, Bonnie, I'll try to remember to ask the same.
Me, too.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:55 AM
surveyorshawn

I appreciate all this encouragement and the offers of prayers more than any of you know! I am truly privileged to be associated with such Godly and caring people. Hearing the thoughts from mothers has helped with my perspective greatly too. I already had the perspective of being abandoned by my father at a young age and being raised with my younger sister by a single mother who carried a lot of resentment toward my dad. Hearing from you guys has helped widen that greatly. Because my dad left completely, I had already vowed even as a young child, that no matter what happened, I would always do whatever is in my power to be a daddy to my children and not leave them, ever.

I write this after yet another emotionally exhausting dealing with his mom, but that sweet little blue-eyed boy snuggled up next to me right now is all worth it and more to me! The last couple of emails his mom & I exchanged seemed more peaceful, and I mentioned how I had wanted to talk about modifying the 5 weeks when I picked him up because it is so long for her not to see him. Maybe she will email me back and ask how I am willing to work it around. I hope so, and that doing so will be a major step toward reconciling in our roles as Ben's parent. Thank you guys for the prayers, we all need them, especially Benaiah David..
Old 08-03-2010, 03:53 PM
Waiting for June 6th

Relieved, sore & happy

Relieved because yesterday work was absolute insanity, but today it's back to normal. I actually have time to think, check e-mails, smile, breath, etc.

Sore because of training last night (I got punched in the face!! ).

Happy because of training last night (I got punched in the face!! ).