Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #351  
Old 07-20-2010, 03:30 AM
Boomer's Avatar
Boomer Boomer is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: VIRGINIA
Posts: 1,561
Send a message via Yahoo to Boomer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
I feel like crap. Life is more then I care ot bare with right now and I am slowly losing faith. SOrta feeling like Job only without the incredible faith he had to deal with it.
Psalm 31:24

Be strong and let your heart take courage, All you who hope in the LORD ..
__________________
-------
Quote from Chuck:
Quote:
Boomer is fricking HOT!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #352  
Old 07-20-2010, 04:07 AM
Chris F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Thank You forum family. Still feeling beat up but I know there has got to be a light at the end of the tunnel. Just can't see it right now.
Reply With Quote
  #353  
Old 07-20-2010, 09:12 AM
Play The Man's Avatar
Play The Man Play The Man is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,262
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
I feel like crap. Life is more then I care ot bare with right now and I am slowly losing faith. SOrta feeling like Job only without the incredible faith he had to deal with it.
K.B.O.

Keep Buggering On
__________________
"Be of good comfort, Master Ridley, and play the man! We shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out."
--Hugh Latimer, October 16, 1555
Reply With Quote
  #354  
Old 07-20-2010, 11:32 AM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,946
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
I feel like crap. Life is more then I care ot bare with right now and I am slowly losing faith. SOrta feeling like Job only without the incredible faith he had to deal with it.
Out of the depths I cry to you, O LORD;
2 O Lord, hear my voice.
Let your ears be attentive
to my cry for mercy.

3 If you, O LORD, kept a record of sins,
O Lord, who could stand?

4 But with you there is forgiveness;
therefore you are feared.

5 I wait for the LORD, my soul waits,
and in his word I put my hope.

6 My soul waits for the Lord
more than watchmen wait for the morning,
more than watchmen wait for the morning.

7 O Israel, put your hope in the LORD,
for with the LORD is unfailing love
and with him is full redemption.

8 He himself will redeem Israel
from all their sins.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWlpm8-y58A
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #355  
Old 07-26-2010, 08:18 PM
BamaGrits84
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Like i got punched in the chest repeatedly and stabbed in the back of the knees then had the knife snatched up the back of my legs. Must be from playing softball in the 102 degree weather until i puked and fainted. isn't it odd how when we begin to faint it's like looking at a photo negative that is getting darker and darker?
Reply With Quote
  #356  
Old 07-26-2010, 08:22 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is online now
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,322
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Dang, Bama, chill! What, were they offer a pink bat as an MVP trophy or something??
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #357  
Old 07-26-2010, 08:31 PM
BamaGrits84
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Dang, Bama, chill! What, were they offer a pink bat as an MVP trophy or something??
nah it was just practice. games don't start until september. i'm so used to playing fast pitch slow pitch is like learning to hit all over so i've been doing a lot of practicing. plus they want me to pitch and well it too is way different than fast pitch. i keep trying to release at my hip or windmill and it's not working well for me.
Reply With Quote
  #358  
Old 07-26-2010, 08:41 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is online now
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,322
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
nah it was just practice. games don't start until september. i'm so used to playing fast pitch slow pitch is like learning to hit all over so i've been doing a lot of practicing. plus they want me to pitch and well it too is way different than fast pitch. i keep trying to release at my hip or windmill and it's not working well for me.
Just watch the last scene from "The Rookie". It's all you need to know!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #359  
Old 07-26-2010, 09:48 PM
Twinsmama
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
Like i got punched in the chest repeatedly and stabbed in the back of the knees then had the knife snatched up the back of my legs. Must be from playing softball in the 102 degree weather until i puked and fainted. isn't it odd how when we begin to faint it's like looking at a photo negative that is getting darker and darker?
yikes! hope you take it a little easier next time!
Reply With Quote
  #360  
Old 07-27-2010, 11:21 AM
County Mike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

For me, the trick to hitting in slow pitch softball was to WAIT and then wait some more. I was always too anxious to swing and hit the ball. Once I learned to wait I hit much better. I stand further back in the box and practically hit it before it hits the ground now.

Stay hydrated and get a portable fan or a mister to cool off between fielding.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.