Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Old 07-24-2010, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Kind of a sad note about my doctor. About three years ago he was at some property of his doing some clearing. I think he was in something similar to Danny's (Silverback) little gizmo, but maybe without the cage. Anyway, long story short, a tree fell back on him, ended up paralyzing him from the waist down. But I think he has gotten some feeling back in his legs; I don't know to what extent though. He is still able to practice and do some types of surgery (I think)--just not some of the kinds he did before. When I heard about what happened, I was really sad for him and especially sad for all those people he wouldn't be able to help. I think he's one of those special people that was meant to be a doctor, that that is his calling in this life....to give others back what they thought they'd never have again.
Oh Bonnie, that's just awful. That's the kind of thing that makes me wonder about God's plan, it just seems so unfair and, like you said, deprives so many people of his exceptional talent to heal. I guess that's why we have to rely on faith but it's not easy sometimes...I hope he eventually can get all feeling back, that's a real positive sign.

As for the hoarder show, I too think they have deep psychological problems - but did you catch the show that was actually about an unemployed psychotherapist and her young daughter?!? You'd think she would know enough to get out of that vicious cycle, eh? These people all seem to have extreme OCD as well.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Oh Bonnie, that's just awful. That's the kind of thing that makes me wonder about God's plan, it just seems so unfair and, like you said, deprives so many people of his exceptional talent to heal. I guess that's why we have to rely on faith but it's not easy sometimes...I hope he eventually can get all feeling back, that's a real positive sign.

As for the hoarder show, I too think they have deep psychological problems - but did you catch the show that was actually about an unemployed psychotherapist and her young daughter?!? You'd think she would know enough to get out of that vicious cycle, eh? These people all seem to have extreme OCD as well.
Yeah, I thought of that too...about GOD's plan for him. He still practices (I see him) but he's in a wheelchair. But he still has lots to give/share with other doctors and with people who need his knowledge and dedication to help them. He's really great. I'm hoping and praying that he will (by GOD's grace) recover from this totally and go on to do some more great things.

I haven't seen that one, but maybe I'll see it on a rerun of it.