Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 07-19-2010, 04:05 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMaria View Post
Worn out!!!!!! And BROKE! But THRILLED!!!!!

Spent the last week in NYC with my girls so that my oldest could perform in a pilot version of Singing In The Rain Jr.

Disney rewrites musicals into a format that makes it manageable for middle school kids to perform and then pilots them to an audience of Disney executives before putting them on the market. Jessica auditioned for this company back in March and she was cast in the chorus!

So we spent the last week in NYC so she could “work” 8 hours a day for a week, preparing for this show. The cast of 20 kids learned all the music, words and choreography in 4 days and then performed on the 5th day. Incredible! Jessie is worn out! She is still sleeping right now! And I’m worn out because I had to walk 4 miles a day to drop her off and pick her up from the studio! ( I was too cheap to take a cab! Lol! )

But it was an awesome trip!
awwwww blesssss...so it was like a mini adventure for all of you! thats wonderful! Trips like that can give you all treasured memories that you never ever forget ...and dont worry about being cheap...you see far more on foot then you do in some overpriced taxi...thats what makes it so exciting....though...I grant you the novelty eventually wears off I suppose ahahahaha....a bit like Monument Avenue in Richmond Virginia...the worlds longest street to walk EVER!
Old 07-19-2010, 04:16 PM

Quote:

Spent the last week in NYC with my girls so that my oldest could perform in a pilot version of Singing In The Rain Jr.

Disney rewrites musicals into a format that makes it manageable for middle school kids to perform and then pilots them to an audience of Disney executives before putting them on the market. Jessica auditioned for this company back in March and she was cast in the chorus!

So we spent the last week in NYC so she could “work” 8 hours a day for a week, preparing for this show. The cast of 20 kids learned all the music, words and choreography in 4 days and then performed on the 5th day. Incredible! Jessie is worn out! She is still sleeping right now! And I’m worn out because I had to walk 4 miles a day to drop her off and pick her up from the studio! ( I was too cheap to take a cab! Lol! )

That's great, DonnaMaria, kudos to Jessie!

You all are a very talented family!
Old 07-19-2010, 05:02 PM
County Mike

Quote:

Very cool!
Old 07-19-2010, 05:06 PM
Chris F

I feel like crap. Life is more then I care ot bare with right now and I am slowly losing faith. SOrta feeling like Job only without the incredible faith he had to deal with it.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:16 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
I feel like crap. Life is more then I care ot bare with right now and I am slowly losing faith. SOrta feeling like Job only without the incredible faith he had to deal with it.
No way!! Come on Chris F you are forever on us for our faith and testimony!! Get strong and remember that Christ will heal all our wounds!!! Your a soldier in Christ not a quitter!! I am saying a prayer in your name right now!!
Old 07-19-2010, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Oh no, what happened Chris? I'm echoing what Melissa said, hang in there!
Old 07-19-2010, 07:03 PM
DonnaMaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
awwwww blesssss...so it was like a mini adventure for all of you! thats wonderful! Trips like that can give you all treasured memories that you never ever forget ...and dont worry about being cheap...you see far more on foot then you do in some overpriced taxi...thats what makes it so exciting....though...I grant you the novelty eventually wears off I suppose ahahahaha....a bit like Monument Avenue in Richmond Virginia...the worlds longest street to walk EVER!
hahahah! I laughed out loud at this because on Monday I was super excited to walk her to the studio and see everything but by Friday the thrill was GONE!!!!!

But yeah it was incredible! Would do it again in a heartbeat! Life goes at a frantic pace there but boy was it interesting! Something new to see all the time!
Old 07-19-2010, 08:32 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Happy & giddy. Can't stop grinning.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:35 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Happy & giddy. Can't stop grinning.
Why?
Old 07-19-2010, 08:36 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:

*virtual hug*