Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the Miami Heat?
This is great, we get to see a potentially history making sqaud 2 100.00%
I am butthurt....screw you Lebron James 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-12-2010, 04:40 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
O I know, but I think it'd be awesome if they managed to steal if. That could be anywhere between a 12-20pnt swing in a Heat/Laker match-up (taking Fisher's 6-10 pnts from the Lakers & giving them to the Heat).

Hahahaha, yeah I saw this earlier today. JJ will do anything to stay "relevant", won't he!
I think if the Lakers lose Fisher it would set them back a lot farther than some people think. Kobe isn't getting any younger, and he may be playing next season with a brace on his finger. Doctors said something like Kobe has such bad arthritis that his hands are like an 80 year old person.

Not sure if you heard today either, but the Suns dealt Leandro Barbosa to the Raptors for Hedo Tukroglu. It's not gonna be Stodemire down there, but it's better than Hakim Warrick.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:44 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
I think if the Lakers lose Fisher it would set them back a lot farther than some people think. Kobe isn't getting any younger, and he may be playing next season with a brace on his finger. Doctors said something like Kobe has such bad arthritis that his hands are like an 80 year old person.

Not sure if you heard today either, but the Suns dealt Leandro Barbosa to the Raptors for Hedo Tukroglu. It's not gonna be Stodemire down there, but it's better than Hakim Warrick.
Hahahahahaha.

From the few details I've actually heard (most of my news is just headline based), the Lakers are only hoping to pay Derek $5mil this year (a pay cut) & he obviously believes he's worth more. Apparently DWade was txting him all day & LeBron met him at the airport.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:53 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Hahahahahaha.

From the few details I've actually heard (most of my news is just headline based), the Lakers are only hoping to pay Derek $5mil this year (a pay cut) & he obviously believes he's worth more. Apparently DWade was txting him all day & LeBron met him at the airport.
Yeah, the starting point guard on the Lakers for their last 5 championships and current President of the Players Association ain't gonna be taking a pay-cut, but it's hard to picture him leaving LA. I'm not sure what the Lakers cap situation is off hand, but I'm almost sure they can afford to pay him.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:26 PM
rearnakedchoke

all three knew this was going to happen ... they each got a free bit of entertainment, food and their assess kissed, but all three were going to sign in miami .. but the cleveland owner is a moron ... say you are upset with the decison, wish lebron the best and leave it at that ... acting like a fool will probably deter others from coming to cleveland knowing your owner is a moron ...
Old 07-12-2010, 09:38 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

OK, so wishfully thinking time is gone:

Quote:
Derek Fisher has decided to stay with the Los Angeles Lakers.
Credit Kobe Bryant with the assist.

"I have decided to continue with Kobe, continue with our teammates and the fans of Los Angeles," Fisher said in a statement on his website. "While this may not be the most lucrative contract I've been offered this offseason, it is the most valuable. I am confident I will continue to lead this team on and off the court. Let the hunt for six begin."

The Lakers have won two straight titles and five in Fisher's tenure with the team. He gets a three-year deal to return, with a player option on the final year. Monetary terms were not immediately available.

The Lakers were waiting for the deal to be completed before announcing anything.

"Nothing is signed yet," Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak said. "We're in continuous dialogue with [Fisher's] representative and we hope to announce something soon."

Fisher, 35, had been courted by the Miami Heat. He met with Miami president Pat Riley and owner Micky Arison at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Miami on Saturday morning where the Heat told him it wanted him to be its starting point guard and to join LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh.

"I took time to consider all my options, many not reported in the media," Fisher said. "I listened to every coach, every general manager, even potential teammates in order to make the right decision and I thank every one of them. At the end of the day, there's one person I could not turn away from.

"Kobe Bryant asked me to stay but supported whatever decision I made. He and I have played together for 11 seasons, came into the league together as kids, and has been loyal to me even when others had doubts. We have won five championships together."

The Lakers had been in constant contact with Fisher and his representative Rob Pelinka since the free-agent negotiating period opened on July 1, although negotiations had proceeded slowly but amicably.
Fisher averaged 7.5 points and 2.5 assists per game last season, but he stepped up with some big shots in the playoffs, especially against the Celtics in the NBA Finals.

Los Angeles lost free agent Jordan Farmar to New Jersey on Monday, but signed Steve Blake last week. Blake likely will share playing time with Fisher.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:41 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
OK, so wishfully thinking time is gone:
I just heard that on the radio...

I called it
Old 07-12-2010, 09:43 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
I just heard that on the radio...

I called it
Yeah. I knew it was a long shot, but anything that can take Kobe down a peg (unabashed hater here, btw), I'm all for!
Old 07-12-2010, 09:43 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
1) no
2) no
3) I hope Fisher leaves LA
Grrrrr!!!!
Old 07-12-2010, 09:44 PM
Miss Foxy

I love you FISH!!! #2!!!
Old 07-12-2010, 09:48 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post

Grrrrr!!!!
Hahahaha, Just wait 'til you read my last post!

EDIT: 6,400 posts!!