Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 07-09-2010, 05:21 PM
Administrator

Default BLOG: 2010 Martial Arts Super Show

From Matt's blog:

Quote:
I found all the fights on the UFC 116 card to be great. I did have five guys bet against my picks for the night. As it turns out, 5-0 is a good thing and Pat, Boomer, Mac, John, and Danny will have to wait until next time to try to get some of their money back.

Brock fought a good fight, but definitely showed that he is beatable. I really thought that it was going to get stopped in the first round. I've had people tell me it should have been stopped, but obviously the right call was made because Brock came back and won the fight in the next round. I know Brock wears a 4X glove, what I don't know is what size running shoe he wears because after he got hit he put them on for a little bit.

I spent a few days earlier this week out at the 2010 Martial Arts Super Show in Vegas. Had a great time and was out there with Cage Fitness and also got to hang around with my buddies at Dollamur. Here is a picture of what is called the "gold party." As you look at the picture, to the right of me there is my buddy Dan Bower (president of Century), Machida, and my good friend Marcus Luttrell (author of Lone Survivor).

Like I've said before training is going great and, once again, I feel like I am ahead of schedule.

Here is the Bible verse for this week:

Quote:
Be self controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him. Standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of suffering. (1 Peter 5:8-9)
-matt
Old 07-09-2010, 05:37 PM
Super Moderator

It's very cool to see Marcus Luttrell there with you!

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 07-09-2010, 06:15 PM
Mac

LOL at the running shoes comment...... Not so "lol" at the 5-0..... Well , atleast im in good company ha ha.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:19 PM

How was it hanging out with Machida? Wish I knew who your 5 picks were but I realize that can be personal. Great to hear how good training is going.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:45 PM

First, great bible verse, Matt! Got to keep our eye out for that wily devil! I'm really happy with your post about Brock. Noticed you didn't mention Carwin though--would've like your thoughts... (I was rooting for Carwin btw) I thought it was one of the best cards I've ever seen to date so far. Great match-ups fighter-wise. I was disappointed Carwin didn't win, but I was really disappointed Lytle didn't get SOTN. Other than those two blips, great night of fights!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
LOL at the running shoes comment...... Not so "lol" at the 5-0..... Well , atleast im in good company ha ha.
I thought at first he was saying he lost and y'all won, but then after reading your post, I went back... Mac, you know how many times Boomer's bet against him and lost....uh, duh! Why don't you guys just go ahead and set up a direct deposit straight into Matt's bank account. You guys are too funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Pride View Post
How was it hanging out with Machida? Wish I knew who your 5 picks were but I realize that can be personal. Great to hear how good training is going.
Oooo, me too! Maybe we should just ask Mac and the boys what their picks were and we'll know.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:46 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Pride View Post
I think Matt bet on Brock to win with five different people. That's what he meant by 5-0.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:58 PM

Great pic! Glad the training is going so well, sending positive thoughts and support your way. Can't wait for the fight...

It's nice to hear Matt's take on the Lesnar/Carwin fight.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:24 PM
Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post

Mac, you know how many times Boomer's bet against him and lost

:
Uh trust me , i garuntee we are neck and neck with Bets lost to Matt lol , ive only ever won once.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I think Matt bet on Brock to win with five different people. That's what he meant by 5-0.
Ahh okay. If you get the chance, ask him how it was to hang out with Lyoto. I'd love to be able to hang out with some of the fighters and see how their personalities are, etc.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
Uh trust me , i garuntee we are neck and neck with Bets lost to Matt lol , ive only ever won once.
I guess you were right, you're in good company!