Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2010, 05:21 PM
Administrator

Default BLOG: 2010 Martial Arts Super Show

From Matt's blog:

Quote:
I found all the fights on the UFC 116 card to be great. I did have five guys bet against my picks for the night. As it turns out, 5-0 is a good thing and Pat, Boomer, Mac, John, and Danny will have to wait until next time to try to get some of their money back.

Brock fought a good fight, but definitely showed that he is beatable. I really thought that it was going to get stopped in the first round. I've had people tell me it should have been stopped, but obviously the right call was made because Brock came back and won the fight in the next round. I know Brock wears a 4X glove, what I don't know is what size running shoe he wears because after he got hit he put them on for a little bit.

I spent a few days earlier this week out at the 2010 Martial Arts Super Show in Vegas. Had a great time and was out there with Cage Fitness and also got to hang around with my buddies at Dollamur. Here is a picture of what is called the "gold party." As you look at the picture, to the right of me there is my buddy Dan Bower (president of Century), Machida, and my good friend Marcus Luttrell (author of Lone Survivor).

Like I've said before training is going great and, once again, I feel like I am ahead of schedule.

Here is the Bible verse for this week:

Quote:
Be self controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him. Standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of suffering. (1 Peter 5:8-9)
-matt