Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

View Poll Results: Where will Lebron James play next season?
Cleveland 2 25.00%
New York 2 25.00%
Chicago 3 37.50%
New Jersey 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-08-2010, 01:43 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21 View Post
either Miami or Cleveland now, the Knicks sucks, if he went there, he is just saying that he doesn't care about winning as much as the other aspects
Him and Amar'e would be a strong core, then if Melo got tossed into the mix next year, forget it. I am hardly a Knicks fan, but New York would be a good choice for him. Also, if Lebron only cared about money he would just sign with Cleveland and take the extra 30 million dollars they can guarantee him. There may be potential for extra sponsorship money in NYC or Chi-Town, but Lebron is gonna get endorsements no matter where he is, and 30 million guaranteed is a lot of money to pass up for an unknown amount of "potential" money.

I don't think the choice is going to be Miami. I just can't see him leaving that much money on the table to leave the Cavs after getting snubbed by Bosh for Miami, when he knows that he can put together solid core units in Chicago or New York. I also don't think the Heat want to stretch their budget that thin on 3 max players and put nobody on their bench.

Bosh clearly was tired of being hosed all those years being stuck in Canada and wanted to take his max-contract to a state with no income tax, and having Dwayne Wade just makes it nicer. Wade strung Chicago along to wait on Bosh and James, but I always had a feeling it would be tough for him to leave Miami. He did win a title there.

It really is fascinating that he has the whole sports world drooling. Personally, I don't see how he could come back to Cleveland at this point other than the extra money and some loyalty. The Cavs are not gonna attract anybody to Cleveland, and I'm not sure I would understand the reasoning behind holding this big, hour-long, prime-time special on ESPN just to announce that after years of hype leading up to the 2010 Free-Agency he is staying put. Not to mention, Colin Cowherd reported this morning that the conference is NOT being held in Cleveland or Akron, and the team who Lebron chooses will receive a phone call 5 minutes before the announcement.

Kudos to Lebron, and probably more-so NIKE, for seizing this opportunity to market the crap out of it and make some money for charity in the process. I hope he becomes a Bull, but if he goes to the Knicks then maybe Amar'e will end up getting a ring (which I would like to see), and if he stays in Cleveland than he is the hero of the little guy. Either way, the big winners are Lebron James and the Boys and Girls Club.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:48 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Him and Amar'e would be a strong core, then if Melo got tossed into the mix next year, forget it. I am hardly a Knicks fan, but New York would be a good choice for him. Also, if Lebron only cared about money he would just sign with Cleveland and take the extra 30 million dollars they can guarantee him. There may be potential for extra sponsorship money in NYC or Chi-Town, but Lebron is gonna get endorsements no matter where he is, and 30 million guaranteed is a lot of money to pass up for an unknown amount of "potential" money.

I don't think the choice is going to be Miami. I just can't see him leaving that much money on the table to leave the Cavs after getting snubbed by Bosh for Miami, when he knows that he can put together solid core units in Chicago or New York. I also don't think the Heat want to stretch their budget that thin on 3 max players and put nobody on their bench.

Bosh clearly was tired of being hosed all those years being stuck in Canada and wanted to take his max-contract to a state with no income tax, and having Dwayne Wade just makes it nicer. Wade strung Chicago along to wait on Bosh and James, but I always had a feeling it would be tough for him to leave Miami. He did win a title there.

It really is fascinating that he has the whole sports world drooling. Personally, I don't see how he could come back to Cleveland at this point other than the extra money and some loyalty. The Cavs are not gonna attract anybody to Cleveland, and I'm not sure I would understand the reasoning behind holding this big, hour-long, prime-time special on ESPN just to announce that after years of hype leading up to the 2010 Free-Agency he is staying put. Not to mention, Colin Cowherd reported this morning that the conference is NOT being held in Cleveland or Akron, and the team who Lebron chooses will receive a phone call 5 minutes before the announcement.

Kudos to Lebron, and probably more-so NIKE, for seizing this opportunity to market the crap out of it and make some money for charity in the process. I hope he becomes a Bull, but if he goes to the Knicks then maybe Amar'e will end up getting a ring (which I would like to see), and if he stays in Cleveland than he is the hero of the little guy. Either way, the big winners are Lebron James and the Boys and Girls Club.
who knows honestly...we'll find out in less than 24 hours, the press conference is in Connecticut, so that doesn't really give away anything...Chicago is still a possibility but i think he really wanted to play with Wade or Bosh, but Miami would have to sign the rest of their roster to league minimum to get all 3 of those guys...chicago did just sign Boozer today, him, Rose, Noah and Lebron would be lethal...My guess is as good as yours
Old 07-08-2010, 02:11 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
who knows honestly...we'll find out in less than 24 hours, the press conference is in Connecticut, so that doesn't really give away anything...Chicago is still a possibility but i think he really wanted to play with Wade or Bosh, but Miami would have to sign the rest of their roster to league minimum to get all 3 of those guys...chicago did just sign Boozer today, him, Rose, Noah and Lebron would be lethal...My guess is as good as yours
I've been out this afternoon and I missed the Connecticut and Boozer announcements.

I think it's Chicago or New York.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:28 AM

Old 07-08-2010, 02:38 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
I've been out this afternoon and I missed the Connecticut and Boozer announcements.

I think it's Chicago or New York.
even if lebron isn't a bull next year...Boozer is a great player who is very underrated and he will help a lot next year...They got him at 75-80 million for 5 years...they will still have room remaining to get lebron for a max contract, so its just a case of if lebron wants to be a bull or not, Chicago has done all they can at this point, its now in lebron's hands
Old 07-08-2010, 05:07 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
even if lebron isn't a bull next year...Boozer is a great player who is very underrated and he will help a lot next year...They got him at 75-80 million for 5 years...they will still have room remaining to get lebron for a max contract, so its just a case of if lebron wants to be a bull or not, Chicago has done all they can at this point, its now in lebron's hands
I think Boozer is a great player, and he will definitely help the Bulls, but I don't think he is underrated or overrated. You know what you are getting with Carlos Boozer. Seeing as how Boozer had no chance of ending up in Cleveland, I can't see how it's not New York or Chicago for Lebron now that the Bulls landed him. According to Jared Dudley's twitter, he says he heard Lebron is going to New York. Now, obviously that doesn't mean much at this point, but it's fair to point out that Dudley obviously has some good inside sources.

The fact that it's in Connecticut doesn't tell us which of the 3 teams it could potentially be, because I honestly think the only teams in the running are New York, Chicago, and Miami being a VERY long-shot. However, I think it does tell us that Cleveland is out of the running. If he was coming back to Cleveland, he would do it in Cleveland.
Old 07-08-2010, 06:20 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Aside from Greenwich being a short drive from the Knicks training facility in Greenburgh, NY, former Suns teammate of Amar'e Stoudemire, Jared Dudley, posted on his Twitter account earlier Wednesday, "Breaking News!!! My sources tell me LeBron will announce that he will be goin to the NY KNICKS tomorrow on ESPN.. This is serious.. WOW!!!!"

And if you're trying to read the tea leaves, shares of Madison Square Garden Inc. (MSG) rose 6.4 percent Wednesday.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...#ixzz0t4IwAM8X
This is from the New York Daily News.

I think he's gonna play with Amar'e in New York. It's no secret that James was lobbying hard for the Cavs to trade for Amar'e earlier this season.
Old 07-08-2010, 06:38 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Okay, well if this is true, I guess I was wrong...now (within the last 30 mins) ESPN is putting out this report....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5363055

ESPN is saying now that it looks like he is leaning towards the Heat.

ESPN could just be saying this to counter the Jared Dudley leak, which could also be planted information designed to throw everyone for a loop and get them to watch, but on the other hand why leak anything at all? This is such a circus, I don't care anymore.

The Heat does make sense on a lot levels, and an argument could be made for all of the teams involved. I just didn't think it would be likely that the egos would come together. This could really be a dynasty if the pieces fall together right, but it takes chemistry to win big in the playoffs and the Heat will certainly have some issues with depth.

Last edited by J.B.; 07-08-2010 at 07:08 AM.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Okay, well if this is true, I guess I was wrong...now (within the last 30 mins) ESPN is putting out this report....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5363055

ESPN is saying now that it looks like he is leaning towards the Heat.

ESPN could just be saying this to counter the Jared Dudley leak, which could also be planted information designed to throw everyone for a loop and get them to watch, but on the other hand why leak anything at all? This is such a circus, I don't care anymore.

The Heat does make sense on a lot levels, and an argument could be made for all of the teams involved. I just didn't think it would be likely that the egos would come together. This could really be a dynasty if the pieces fall together right, but it takes chemistry to win big in the playoffs and the Heat will certainly have some issues with depth.
I'm still going with NY...
Old 07-08-2010, 03:18 PM
matthughesfan21

It's all just speculation, no one knows for sure besides Lebron and his inner guys...The team won't know until 5 minutes before the special tonight, so Dudley saying that, he is just pulling it out of his arse