Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 06-30-2010, 10:06 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
Cough Cough NCAA 06 or 08.... cough cough

JB this is just getting creepy now lol.
Who are you referring to?

In Football from those years it was Desmond Howard in 06 and Jared Zabransky in 08. Desmond Clark was fine for the most part, no signs of curse there. You could say Jared Zabransky got a bit unlucky by not getting drafted, hence it could be the curse...not sure on that one...

In Basketball it was Raymond Felton and Kevin Durant those years and they had good rookie years.

I know if I keep digging I will likely turn up something else...it's really is kinda creepy.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:10 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Who are you referring to?

In Football from those years it was Desmond Howard in 06 and Jared Zabransky in 08. Desmond Clark was fine for the most part, no signs of curse there. You could say Jared Zabransky got a bit unlucky by not getting drafted, hence it could be the curse...not sure on that one...

In Basketball it was Raymond Felton and Kevin Durant those years and they had good rookie years.

I know if I keep digging I will likely turn up something else...it's really is kinda creepy.
Desmond Howard played 10 yrs for 6 different teams lol. It was only during the 1999 season where he finally became worth something, Super Bowl Mvp, only 1 pro bowl in 2000. This is either a Heisman curse or an EA curse. Which one is debatable.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:44 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
Desmond Howard played 10 yrs for 6 different teams lol. It was only during the 1999 season where he finally became worth something, Super Bowl Mvp, only 1 pro bowl in 2000. This is either a Heisman curse or an EA curse. Which one is debatable.
You are right, and I was starting to think about focusing on guys who were "draft busts", but I'm also kinda trying to keep the scope somewhat narrow in terms of it connecting sometime within the year of release and things going south for the athletes.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:29 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
You are right, and I was starting to think about focusing on guys who were "draft busts", but I'm also kinda trying to keep the scope somewhat narrow in terms of it connecting sometime within the year of release and things going south for the athletes.
I figured he was a bust, nobody signed him for more then 2 years and most teams only signed him for a year, he really wasn't a reciever threat like he was in college. 7 yrs to win a mvp and 8 yrs to get a pro bowl spot.

Smells like a bust to me, or the heisman curse lol.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:56 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Earl Weaver Baseball, released in 1987

This game was developed throughout 1985-86 but wasn't released by EA until 1987 because of the time it took to actually finish games back then. The passage below gives us a better understanding of the timeline of events in the development of the game and how they relate to the curse.
Quote:
Daglow and Dombrower interviewed Weaver in his hotel room in a series of meetings over a period of months during the 1985 season for managerial AI. Dombrower actually apologized to Weaver at one point for taking up so much of his free time, but Weaver told him that he never had anything to do during road trips and never left his hotel room, anyway. In addition, he loved talking baseball strategy, and he was having a great time.
Earl Weaver only had one losing season in his entire career as a manager for the Orioles....1986.

This game could actually be the birth of the curse, as I have yet to uncover any other ealier titles to link to this conspiracy.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:09 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Here is a quick review of the 27 people, so far, affected by the EA curse

Fighters

Roy Jones
Bernard Hopkins
Oscar de la Hoya
Fedor Emelianenko

NFL

Daunte Culpepper
Marshall Faulk
Michael Vick