Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 06-27-2010, 04:07 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty View Post
We got KTFO! Fully deserved though, we played like throughout this tournament!
we may have lost this battle.

But we did win The War
Old 06-27-2010, 04:55 PM
Buc Nasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
atleast you lost to a top 5 team and not Ghana

Then again Soccer is like the 4th or 5th most popular team sport in america as opposed to a religion in England so it probably stings alot more for you guys
Not really, there are as many people who hate football as those who love it. Mainly Rugby fans!

I care FAR more about Arsenal than England, and we get slated for having barely any English players!

Don't be too harsh on Ghana, they really stepped up as the only African team left and it was a close game. England had the wrong manager to begin with, he picked the wrong squad and played the wrong team in the wrong formation - it was doomed from the start! If he'd taken Ashley Young and one of Arsenal's few English players Theo Walcott, we'd have had the squad to play a formation that suits our players strengths.

I blame the F.A.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:17 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
. England had the wrong manager to begin with, .
It might have helpped if he could have spoken English

One thing is for damn certain...not one of those players is worth over 1million pounds in reality....after this last few weeks showing...they shouldnt be paid any kinda big money.

Just like the bankers that cream it off for themselves...there was noone on that Team that pushed anywhere near to breaking point in trying to secure victory..they simply arent worth the cash they are paid.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:23 PM
Buc Nasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
It might have helpped if he could have spoken English

One thing is for damn certain...not one of those players is worth over 1million pounds in reality....after this last few weeks showing...they shouldnt be paid any kinda big money.

Just like the bankers that cream it off for themselves...there was noone on that Team that pushed anywhere near to breaking point in trying to secure victory..they simply arent worth the cash they are paid.
Steven Gerrard is world class and would walk into any team in the world, but what does Capello do? Plays him out of position when we had players that can be far more effective there!
Old 06-27-2010, 05:32 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Steven Gerrard is world class and would walk into any team in the world, but what does Capello do? Plays him out of position when we had players that can be far more effective there!
I dont get it though, because the positions arent really very far apart, unless your supposed to be a goal keeper I suppose. I assume that a person worth many millions can get hold of the ball almost anywhere and drive it between two posts.

He scored how many times over the four games
Old 06-27-2010, 06:01 PM
Buc Nasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I dont get it though, because the positions arent really very far apart, unless your supposed to be a goal keeper I suppose. I assume that a person worth many millions can get hold of the ball almost anywhere and drive it between two posts.

He scored how many times over the four games
Its not that simple though Dave, a couple of seconds can have a huge effect on the outcome of a game, let alone the entire duration. If its not a players best position he won't make the best decision in a split second, a pass, a run, not positioning himself where best to help his team-mates and so on. Gerrard's best display was when he played central midfield against the U.S, and he scored too. 1 goal in 4 games is not a bad return for a midfielder, especially when one like Gerrard can control the game from there. Plus if he'd played central midfield in the other 3 games he'd not only have had more influence, he just might have scored 1 or 2 more too.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:38 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Its not that simple though Dave, a couple of seconds can have a huge effect on the outcome of a game, let alone the entire duration. If its not a players best position he won't make the best decision in a split second, a pass, a run, not positioning himself where best to help his team-mates and so on. Gerrard's best display was when he played central midfield against the U.S, and he scored too. 1 goal in 4 games is not a bad return for a midfielder, especially when one like Gerrard can control the game from there. Plus if he'd played central midfield in the other 3 games he'd not only have had more influence, he just might have scored 1 or 2 more too.
he's paid MILLIONS of pounds and scores one goal in four games

I hate Football
Old 06-27-2010, 09:35 PM
Buc Nasty

Why do you keep going on about how much he gets paid? Thats like saying fighters get paid so they must get a knock out.
Old 06-27-2010, 11:36 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Why do you keep going on about how much he gets paid? Thats like saying fighters get paid so they must get a knock out.
Fighters are not paid Millions!!!

That kinda money is riddiculous, absolutely riddiculous
Old 06-28-2010, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Not really, there are as many people who hate football as those who love it. Mainly Rugby fans!

I care FAR more about Arsenal than England, and we get slated for having barely any English players!

Don't be too harsh on Ghana, they really stepped up as the only African team left and it was a close game. England had the wrong manager to begin with, he picked the wrong squad and played the wrong team in the wrong formation - it was doomed from the start! If he'd taken Ashley Young and one of Arsenal's few English players Theo Walcott, we'd have had the squad to play a formation that suits our players strengths.

I blame the F.A.
well obviously its not cus England isnt talented enough. They have more superstars then Germany i think. Its not about talent its about team unity. Outside Brazil the Euro teams have better players but look how the south american teams are dominating the tourney... Spain always has the best players imo but dont do well in the world cup... A team full of all stars isnt necessarily a great team.