Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 06-25-2010, 04:44 AM
que

i'm really glad to see him gone to be honest. he should have been cut a long time ago. if he didn't have the contacts he did (greg jackson, rashad, etc) he wouldn't have been given so many second chances. and third chances, and fourth, and fifth, etc. UFC has no room for inconsistent, mediocre fighters and i can't afford to waste my money on watching them, either..
Old 06-25-2010, 04:48 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Whats actually funny about that is with the exception of his loss to Jardine, I would honestly say that every one of Chuck's losses came to guys who are very likely to be considered legit Hall of Famers of the sport of MMA (or actually already are HOF's in Couture's case). On the flip side, Chuck's list of victories and accomplishments needs no repeating, so I think it's easy to see how the comparison doesn't mesh.

Jardine seems like a cool guy, and he is definitely a tough and entertaining fighter. I am sure we will see him fighting somewhere else at some point.
I think my whole point is there are just as bad if not worse fighters whos loses are to less notable guys.

Mac is a prime example, his only 1 win came from a guy whos UFC record is 1-4-0. Really not someone who I would keep around when compared to Jardines..
Old 06-25-2010, 07:15 AM
Buc Nasty

I was never a fan, but he did appear on Breaking Bad so he's cool in my book!
Old 06-25-2010, 09:07 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
I think my whole point is there are just as bad if not worse fighters whos loses are to less notable guys.

Mac is a prime example, his only 1 win came from a guy whos UFC record is 1-4-0. Really not someone who I would keep around when compared to Jardines..
I understand your point completely, and I personally am indifferent on the release of Jardine. On one hand I think he is good guy and a decent fighter who has fought some tough opponents and had some good showings, on the other hand I understand why the UFC has to keep it's roster fresh, and why they will ultimately only put up with so many losses, even from the best fighters.

Also, in fairness, Mac Danzig would have been cut after his last fight if the stoppage wasn't so utterly ridiculous that the whole world knew it. It's like now they have to give him another chance out of pity. Mac was also a winner of the Ultimate Fighter show and they owe it to their brand name and good business sense to give an extra push to the guys on the show that Spike TV is paying to put out there, even if that means keeping some guys around a little longer than they probably should. Does that mean I think Mac should be there and Keith shouldn't? No, not all, but I can understand the reasoning behind it.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:28 AM

Quote:
I understand your point completely, and I personally am indifferent on the release of Jardine. On one hand I think he is good guy and a decent fighter who has fought some tough opponents and had some good showings, on the other hand I understand why the UFC has to keep it's roster fresh, and why they will ultimately only put up with so many losses, even from the best fighters.

Also, in fairness, Mac Danzig would have been cut after his last fight if the stoppage wasn't so utterly ridiculous that the whole world knew it. It's like now they have to give him another chance out of pity. Mac was also a winner of the Ultimate Fighter show and they owe it to their brand name and good business sense to give an extra push to the guys on the show that Spike TV is paying to put out there, even if that means keeping some guys around a little longer than they probably should. Does that mean I think Mac should be there and Keith shouldn't? No, not all, but I can understand the reasoning behind it.
exactly if mac had lost that fight any other way to wiman hed be gone and if he loses the rematch to wiman hes gone.

Only tuf winner that is not still with the ufc is Tavis Lutter if im not mistaken but he doesnt really count because that was a comback show.... Kendall and Mac are close though
Old 06-25-2010, 11:32 AM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty View Post
I was never a fan, but he did appear on Breaking Bad so he's cool in my book!
Yeah, but he lost the fight there too. LOL

He does have one of the best nicknames in the business though. I think I also saw him in "The Hills Have Eyes".
Old 06-25-2010, 11:35 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post

He does have one of the best nicknames in the business though. I think I also saw him in "The Hills Have Eyes".
He was in Gamer, too!
Old 06-25-2010, 12:12 PM
Buc Nasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Hank weighs well over 205 though!
Old 06-25-2010, 08:51 PM
logrus

Quote:

I see what you mean, and when I think about it, his one win in between the 4 loses did come to a "can" who was coming off of 2 straight loses and had lost 3 out of 4. It does almost seem like it was a last ditch effort by the UFC to keep him.