Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 06-25-2010, 07:45 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default Big Shocker: Dana's Sneaking & Not Entirely Honest!!!!

Old 06-25-2010, 08:33 PM

Yes, it's deceptive. But companies do that all the time, the bottom line is profit not advertising integrity. Also, I notice whatever video they're pushing was from 4 years ago when they were still pushing hard for success and acceptance of UFC.

What surprised me is that it was leaked! Must have been from a Spike employee, eh? Is it renegotiation time over there?
Old 06-25-2010, 08:36 PM

Anyway, interesting find, Ben. I do wish companies/advertising agencies were more honest with us as consumers.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:55 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

For me, the problem with this is not the viral marketing as much as the blatant hypocrisy in Dana being overly critical of websites like Sherdog and people who leak information to the press, and then turning around and creating a fake version of the same scenario in order to better market their product.

The bottom line is that nobody ever likes feeling like they were lied to, and it's why there was such a backlash over the last season of TUF.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:59 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Yes, it's deceptive. But companies do that all the time, the bottom line is profit not advertising integrity. Also, I notice whatever video they're pushing was from 4 years ago when they were still pushing hard for success and acceptance of UFC.

What surprised me is that it was leaked! Must have been from a Spike employee, eh? Is it renegotiation time over there?
The e-mails are from 4yrs ago, too. At the time, the videos were current. The memo's only now getting leaked, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
For me, the problem with this is not the viral marketing as much as the blatant hypocrisy in Dana being overly critical of websites like Sherdog and people who leak information to the press, and then turning around and creating a fake version of the same scenario in order to better market their product.

The bottom line is that nobody ever likes feeling like they were lied to, and it's why there was such a backlash over the last season of TUF.
Agreed. On the other hand, Dana taken a very strong "Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies" stance when it comes to TUF.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:27 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post

Thats Dana for you, sad how many people still follow him like blind sheep. I don't think hes been honest with anything since day one cause what he says and what he does are total opposites,

This is one of the main reasons why in some ways I don't feel bad for live streams and illegal downloads, Companies have no problem taking advantage of consumers, consumers should be willing to do the same...