Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 06-13-2010, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
Man, Chuck fought hard just got caught. I really hate seeing him get dropped. The decision is all his, but I hope he takes it easy and just focuses on promoting the sport and enjoying the life he's built for himself.

Crocop seems like his old self. He'll have trouble with the better grapplers but I'll love watching him KO guys like Rothwell, Yvel, Struve, etc. I say give him a shot at Big Country next.
when was the last time cro cop was summited... He eats grapplers for breakfast most of the time because of his takedown defense
Old 06-13-2010, 09:27 PM

Well, they have it listed against Dos Santos as a submission for the eye injury in Sept 09. Other than that, Nov 2003 against big Nog, armbar.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:43 PM
jignpig

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
Halfway through the fights, and already.

Mac was wide awake, horrific stoppage by Eves!
Condit gets the win with 8 seconds left in the fight!?!?! the guy was FINE.
The time out thing????
Somebody giving Tyson Griffin 2 rounds???

Whats in the water up there???
THANK YOU!!!! WHAT FIGHT WAS THE JUDGE WATCHING?!! GRIFFIN WAS OUTWORKD THE WHOLE 3 ROUNDS! AND I FEEL BAD FOR MAC, I WAS ROOTN FOR MATT, BUT THAT SUCKED.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:40 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZMbFfrJkFk

Well here is my recap video
Old 06-14-2010, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
when was the last time cro cop was summited... He eats grapplers for breakfast most of the time because of his takedown defense
Fedor didn't submit him or knock him out!
I think Nog was the last sub

[
Old 06-14-2010, 03:38 PM
pistol-pete

I just watched the main event, Chuck isn't the same fighter he was 5 years ago, even then after he beat Randy for the title I didn't think he fought the toughest guys in the division, or at least fighters that are not the caliber that are in the LHWT division right now.

Chuck looked like an aging fighter, looking for that last shot, just that one victory to turn back the years and put him back in title contention. Unfortunately he hasn't been able to age gracefully in this sport like a Randy Couture. Chuck style doesn't permit him to lose a step.

Even when the fight began, I thought Chuck looked slow, he was leaning into his punches, his kicks were the best part of his game, he used to knock people out while he was on his heels, he used to let fighters press him, instead he was chasing looking for the KO, hands down arms wide, leaning in with his face. His technique was never polished for the evolving MMA fight game.

I always liked Chuck as a fighter, but his technique and jaw failed him in the end. Chuck used to be able to stand in the pocket, take several hard punches and deliver his punches without fear of his opponent. Because he has lost a step those punches from his opponents are now landing flush, and his ability to land his punches before his opponent lands their's has vanished.

It is time, time for Chuck to hang them up, he won't fight in the UFC any more. Regardless of the possible fight between him and Ortiz. Liddell has nothing left to give the sport, and nobody really cares to see him verse Ortiz.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:05 PM

Chuck is exactly the same fighter he was five years ago. The fighters he is fighting aren't the same. They've figured him out.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:46 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
Chuck is exactly the same fighter he was five years ago. The fighters he is fighting aren't the same. They've figured him out.
They had him figured out 5 years ago too, but after Rampage beat him the second time his chin just seemed to slowly evaporate into nothing. Before that, Chuck was always seen as a guy who took a good punch, but threw an even harder one.

I always believe that a fighter should be the one to decide when to hang up the gloves, and I hope that Chuck does that without feeling like he has anything else to prove. He is a legend of the sport, and still arguably the best 205 pound fighter in the history of MMA. If Chuck did want to fight again in the future for some reason, nobody can argue that he has earned that right, but there also comes a point where it becomes dangerous and commissions have to take much harder look at weather or not they will even grant him a license, or sanction fights against competition that is even worthy of fighting a super-star like Chuck.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:05 PM

1-5 over the past three years, turning 41 this year. I think it's time he hangs it up.