Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 06-08-2010, 09:08 PM

Default ENGLANDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

England v USA on saturday in the biggest sporting event in the World.

Yes the WORLD CUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This small but mighty island will rise up and banish those memories of the Redcoats taking a beating.

We will rub away those memories of the brave Brit bisping being felled by Hendo.

Because on Saturday England reclaims its supreme dominance that has laid dormant.

Yes the might USA will take one hell of a pounding come saturday!

Anyone watching it/looking forward to it?
Old 06-08-2010, 09:20 PM
Administrator

How do you pronounce that exactly? Is it "englaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnd" or "englan-duh-duh-duh-duh-duh-duh-duh-duh-duh-duh-duh-duh"?
Old 06-08-2010, 09:29 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

I love Football....oh wait a sec...

Old 06-08-2010, 09:36 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Soccer is the biggest sport in the world, but you'll never get me to understand why. I guess it just comes with being an American. In America, Soccer even takes a back-seat to Hockey, which is behind Football, Baseball, and Basketball.

I'm pretty knowledgeable in most sports when it comes to the top athletes and their accomplishments, but I can probably only name 2 Soccer players. Heck, I know more about Tennis than I do about Soccer.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:42 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post

I love Football....oh wait a sec...

Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-08-2010, 09:50 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post

Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah yeah yeah...live in the now my friend!

You worry about getting your QB out of the bathroom stall and getting him to stop exposing himself to unsuspecting young ladies and actually learn how to pass the ball and you guys might make the playoffs next season.

I also think it's funny how we have completely derailed Jon's thread about football with our argument over what I like to refer to as "hand-egg", lol
Old 06-08-2010, 10:24 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Yeah yeah yeah...live in the now my friend!

You worry about getting your QB out of the bathroom stall and getting him to stop exposing himself to unsuspecting young ladies and actually learn how to pass the ball and you guys might make the playoffs next season.

I also think it's funny how we have completely derailed Jon's thread about football with our argument over what I like to refer to as "hand-egg", lol
Poor Jon!!! I guess it goes to show the incredible fan base that soccer has over here!!

But for the record... he's not *my* QB.... we may be stuck with him for now but his actions are disgusting and I would love nothing more than to see him traded.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:28 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Poor Jon!!! I guess it goes to show the incredible fan base that soccer has over here!!

But for the record... he's not *my* QB.... we may be stuck with him for now but his actions are disgusting and I would love nothing more than to see him traded.
I know that Chuck, but I gotta hit you with something when you rub those trophies in my face.

If it weren't for Ben Rothlisburger and Santonio Holmes (both upstanding citizens) on that last drive, the Cards would have won that game!
Old 06-08-2010, 10:28 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
How do you pronounce that exactly? Is it "englaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnd" or "englan-duh-duh-duh-duh-duh-duh-duh-duh-duh-duh-duh-duh"?
Used to be called Angle-Land if that helps, as in Land of The Angles, who basically governed England during the dark ages. They were Northern Europeans from Angeln They married into the occupied Saxon culture which existed under the Romans...hence the term Anglo-Saxon.

Angeln became Angle-Land became Eng-land (its probably due to the pronunciation of the letter A in celtic/saxon type language...bet its pronounced more AE, and later, E.)

Although I think of myself as an Angle (I'm from an area of the country that still holds the name East Anglia though not really as an official title as East Midlands...its the same area) There is only ONE generation between myself, and Scotland...a place where my Patriarchy was far from nothing. I am Scot Nobility, or very close to it. I carry the name, and Only My Father stands between myself, and the last of our Clan actually born in Scotland itself....Course the rest of me is Angle ...and I think it is more Angle then Saxon...because I think its the Saxon surnames that generally seem to depict what the family did or a trade or something...and none of the other Three contributing Trees directly leading to me, hold any clue they are all rather odd...so I think Angle rather then Saxon. its unusual to find anything Viking or Norman, and if you do, spelling gives it away (Now people dont say Norman anyway, they say French )

First name has Jewish or Roman roots depending on how you choose to spell it and which way you look at it. Middle name is a total misnomer, could have come from anywhere or anything
Old 06-08-2010, 10:33 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Okay, now Dave has brought world history to the thread...

We need to put this locomotive back on the tracks....

Damn, I don't know anything about Soccer...