Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 06-03-2010, 07:41 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,313
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Yeah, the series has been around for a while. I actually have the first one that came out on PS2 in like 03, but I just rented the latest one called NBA Ballers "Chosen One" with Dwight Howard on the cover for 360 and it's a really cool game.
I may have to look into that, then.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-03-2010, 11:08 PM
bj44's Avatar
bj44 bj44 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,107
Default

skill for skill whose better kobe or mike... not talking legacy cus its no contest just skill wise... My opinion...

Jumping ability- Mike

Quickness (first step)- Mike even at 34 lol

Defense- Mike

post game- Mike (though kobe is good too)

Passing- Even

Ball handling- Even

Shooting range- Kobe

competitiveness- Even believe it or not

ability to shoot his team out of a game- Kobe (jk lol)

MJ win all the way!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-03-2010, 11:18 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
skill for skill whose better kobe or mike... not talking legacy cus its no contest just skill wise... My opinion...

Jumping ability- Mike

Quickness (first step)- Mike even at 34 lol

Defense- Mike

post game- Mike (though kobe is good too)

Passing- Even

Ball handling- Even

Shooting range- Kobe

competitiveness- Even believe it or not

ability to shoot his team out of a game- Kobe (jk lol)

MJ win all the way!!!!!!!
I think I would have to agree with all of those.

I know Kobe has more game winning shots than Mike, but I need to do some digging and see just how many of the Bulls victories were actually within one or two points during that era and compare them against Kobe's time on the Lakers to get a better idea on how I gauge that statistic.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-04-2010, 12:54 AM
bj44's Avatar
bj44 bj44 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
I think I would have to agree with all of those.

I know Kobe has more game winning shots than Mike, but I need to do some digging and see just how many of the Bulls victories were actually within one or two points during that era and compare them against Kobe's time on the Lakers to get a better idea on how I gauge that statistic.
Mj had many game winning shots in the eighties and early 90's but had very few from 96-98 for one simple reason. THE BULLS HARDELY PLAYED ANY CLOSE GAMES!!!!

The bulls won 72 games in 96, 69 in 97 even though they lost there last two games, and 62 in 1998 on a severely aging team where Pippen missed half the season... It amazing how much they dominated the nba during those years!!!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-04-2010, 01:00 AM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
Mj had many game winning shots in the eighties and early 90's but had very few from 96-98 for one simple reason. THE BULLS HARDELY PLAYED ANY CLOSE GAMES!!!!

The bulls won 72 games in 96, 69 in 97 even though they lost there last two games, and 62 in 1998 on a severely aging team where Pippen missed half the season... It amazing how much they dominated the nba during those years!!!
Well that was basically my point, but I didn't wanna just say it until I did the research to back up what I was getting at. What I wonder is just how many games the Bulls won by less than 3 points with Jordan in comparison to the Lakers with Kobe.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.