Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 01-22-2009, 11:35 PM
Rackin
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter
That is hilarious. I'm getting the PPV over at my buddies house (46 inch flat screen with surround sound). Anyone is welcome to come on over!
Too far for me, But I think I will be doing it at my house in TX with a 65" flat screen ;-) I am trying to decide between the Affliction and the St-Pierre Penn as my wife will not allow me to buy both ;-(
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-23-2009, 01:47 AM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rackin
Too far for me, But I think I will be doing it at my house in TX with a 65" flat screen ;-) I am trying to decide between the Affliction and the St-Pierre Penn as my wife will not allow me to buy both ;-(
buy both man ... if you are a man, no one tells you what you can and can't do...
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-23-2009, 03:27 AM
Rackin
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
buy both man ... if you are a man, no one tells you what you can and can't do...
Spoken like someone who must not be married ;-) I am thinking about both now though as it looks like there is nothing worth watching in Feb, so I can say the UFC is my Feb watch.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-23-2009, 04:04 AM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Yeah, Affliction did this last time as well. Smart move.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-23-2009, 04:39 AM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is online now
Allons-y
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,294
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rackin
Spoken like someone who must not be married ;-) I am thinking about both now though as it looks like there is nothing worth watching in Feb, so I can say the UFC is my Feb watch.
Ooo, well played. That's a solid tactic!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-23-2009, 05:05 PM
TheConcretekid
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

a non-hardcore-mma-fan coworker emailed me today and ask about my thoughts on Fedor vs AA. And he has never asked about any UFC event before, so Affliction must be doing a huckuva job promoting this thing (but not selling tickets i hear)
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-23-2009, 05:08 PM
County Mike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I haven't seen many ads for the Affliction event at all. I did watch some online videos about Fedor. The title was "Baddest Man on the Planet". It did a great job promoting Fedor. If it was on television, I never saw it. Would make a great hype show leading up to the fight though.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-23-2009, 05:13 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I would like them to hold a show on the east coast I would go
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-23-2009, 06:13 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rackin
Spoken like someone who must not be married ;-) I am thinking about both now though as it looks like there is nothing worth watching in Feb, so I can say the UFC is my Feb watch.
i'll be married 11 years come march .. i did say it more of a joke, but hey, i don't question what my wife buys and she doesn't question what i buy .. we both work and both need our entertainment (besides each other) ... when you are both responsible you can count on your partner not spending so much that it puts the family in a bad spot .. but yeah, after the 31st, there are a couple free ones and a few not worth buying ...
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-24-2009, 03:36 AM
Rackin
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
i'll be married 11 years come march .. i did say it more of a joke, but hey, i don't question what my wife buys and she doesn't question what i buy .. we both work and both need our entertainment (besides each other) ... when you are both responsible you can count on your partner not spending so much that it puts the family in a bad spot .. but yeah, after the 31st, there are a couple free ones and a few not worth buying ...
I took it as a joke. That is completely true, but Even I would say that any more then 50 a month on PPV is too much, but It evens out and I agree non worth paying for in Feb.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.