Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 01-22-2009, 11:35 PM
Rackin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter
That is hilarious. I'm getting the PPV over at my buddies house (46 inch flat screen with surround sound). Anyone is welcome to come on over!
Too far for me, But I think I will be doing it at my house in TX with a 65" flat screen ;-) I am trying to decide between the Affliction and the St-Pierre Penn as my wife will not allow me to buy both ;-(
Old 01-23-2009, 01:47 AM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rackin
Too far for me, But I think I will be doing it at my house in TX with a 65" flat screen ;-) I am trying to decide between the Affliction and the St-Pierre Penn as my wife will not allow me to buy both ;-(
buy both man ... if you are a man, no one tells you what you can and can't do...
Old 01-23-2009, 03:27 AM
Rackin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
buy both man ... if you are a man, no one tells you what you can and can't do...
Spoken like someone who must not be married ;-) I am thinking about both now though as it looks like there is nothing worth watching in Feb, so I can say the UFC is my Feb watch.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:04 AM
atomdanger

Yeah, Affliction did this last time as well. Smart move.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:39 AM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Spoken like someone who must not be married ;-) I am thinking about both now though as it looks like there is nothing worth watching in Feb, so I can say the UFC is my Feb watch.
Ooo, well played. That's a solid tactic!
Old 01-23-2009, 05:05 PM
TheConcretekid

a non-hardcore-mma-fan coworker emailed me today and ask about my thoughts on Fedor vs AA. And he has never asked about any UFC event before, so Affliction must be doing a huckuva job promoting this thing (but not selling tickets i hear)
Old 01-23-2009, 05:08 PM
County Mike

I haven't seen many ads for the Affliction event at all. I did watch some online videos about Fedor. The title was "Baddest Man on the Planet". It did a great job promoting Fedor. If it was on television, I never saw it. Would make a great hype show leading up to the fight though.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:13 PM
Crisco

I would like them to hold a show on the east coast I would go
Old 01-23-2009, 06:13 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
i'll be married 11 years come march .. i did say it more of a joke, but hey, i don't question what my wife buys and she doesn't question what i buy .. we both work and both need our entertainment (besides each other) ... when you are both responsible you can count on your partner not spending so much that it puts the family in a bad spot .. but yeah, after the 31st, there are a couple free ones and a few not worth buying ...
Old 01-24-2009, 03:36 AM
Rackin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
i'll be married 11 years come march .. i did say it more of a joke, but hey, i don't question what my wife buys and she doesn't question what i buy .. we both work and both need our entertainment (besides each other) ... when you are both responsible you can count on your partner not spending so much that it puts the family in a bad spot .. but yeah, after the 31st, there are a couple free ones and a few not worth buying ...
I took it as a joke. That is completely true, but Even I would say that any more then 50 a month on PPV is too much, but It evens out and I agree non worth paying for in Feb.