Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 05-21-2010, 05:20 AM
Stump Rules!

I'm with you Mac. I've seen in a family history book of my dead ancestors that died in consentration camps. I have no desire to meet with the family of whoever put them there. I almost want to say " who cares" but it isn't that I don't care it's just that was then, this is now People need to move on from the past and quit dewelling in it and saying "poor me". That's where racisim comes from.People too stuck and stupid to move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
My thoughts .............. Niether one of these people had anything to do with slavery. the one was not a slave , and the second never owned a slave. I dont see the point in having dinner . Pretty dumb in my opinion but thats just me.

My Grandfather fought in WWII , that does not make me a soldier , it doesnt make me a military anything , Im sure he put a few bullets into more than a few japs. So does that mean i should go find ole Ping Pong living in tokyo and sit down and have coffee ? uhmmmmm no

To that i say " Hey , guess what , it wasnt me , im not taking fault for it . " its like saying we need to go find any living relatives of adolf hitler and make them pay for his screw ups .

Its dumb.

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 05-21-2010, 04:53 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
Thanks for the feedback..

I personally know that my great great grandfather had slaves... I don't know if they treated them well or not.

What I do know is that I don't feel that I owe anyone anything from the past as far as slavery goes...

Now if I met a person that had their "great great whatever".. owned by my "great greats"... I would say wow...that was eff'ed up... but I don't owe them anything.
My moms family were mostly Nazi's, and I empathize with people who have lost family members I cannot be sorry for what my kin folk has done. I can only be accountable for my actions..