Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 02-22-2009, 04:23 PM
Moose

Global Warming is real, we're killing the planet, maybe even faster than some scientists think. Glad no one checked out the video.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthnews/3311323/Global-warming-'is-happening-faster'.html
Old 02-22-2009, 05:38 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose
I did.
Old 02-22-2009, 07:40 PM
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
I did.
..and what do you think?
Old 02-22-2009, 08:02 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose
Global Warming is real, we're killing the planet, maybe even faster than some scientists think. Glad no one checked out the video.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthnews/3311323/Global-warming-'is-happening-faster'.html
I've seen all the evidence, but I just don't believe it. Mainly because we've only been scientifically monitoring the climate for a little over a century and the charts that I've seen are all based on an Evolutionary timetable. If you take 6000 years and stretch them out over 15 billion years, then of course modern weather patterns are going to look frighteningly elevated in comparison.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:09 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
I never watched anything by Al Gore....but I know a little about Global Warming.

its a Natural Cycle the planet goes through. We speed it up slightly, but it wont distroy the planet...plus, it wont lead to rising tempritures in the way suggested.

Global Warming, leads to Ice Ages ultimately...thats how the planet cools itself down again. Its perfectly natural. Just speeded up. The issue with the heating process is it will change the way the Earth Looks. It WILL free up the land under the poles (they havent always been covered in snow) it will also flood low ground, it will also make some places that are warm, cold, and some places that are cold, warm

other then that...its no big deal. You dont need a weather man to tell you that. HOWEVER...we Humans should be pushing for Green Alternatives because GOD told us to look after the World. We wont kill the planet...but we do hurt it...and it doesnt belong to us. It belongs to Him.

One day He'll come back, and he might be a little annoyed that metaphysically speaking, we've spilt our wine over his fabulous coach.

Ye have been warned

anybody for some fear mongering?
settle down a bit there Tyburn,,relax,,smell the flowers,,but you better do it quick before global warming destroys the planet,

global warming isn't a mith but we are not the cause,,like dave says its just a cycle the earth is going through,,

but we really should stop polluting the planet with our chemicals and waste products before our fresh water is all but gone and the lands ability to produce food is still relatively intact.

other wise where will i get my hamburgers from if fast food joints aren't able to pick them from the hamburger trees anymore?
I MEAN REALLY,, lets get our act together,,i'm still a little hungry you know,,