Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Old 05-14-2010, 10:35 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Default Who is your favorite entertainer?

I know it's broad, but I'm putting you guys on the spot...pick one! I know you can do it!
Old 05-14-2010, 10:56 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Okay, since I started this thread, I should probably give mine first....

Michael Jackson, which likely comes as no surprise to some of you.

Old 05-15-2010, 01:29 AM
Administrator

Just how broad are we defining the word "entertainer" here? Are we necessarily talking about performers?
Old 05-15-2010, 01:36 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Just how broad are we defining the word "entertainer" here? Are we necessarily talking about performers?
Whatever you want bro

It could be a writer, an actor, a singer, a dancer, whatever.

Whoever it is that has "entertained" you the most in life, I guess thats what I'm getting at.

Obviously I mean outside of the realm of answers like "God", because that is just to be assumed.
Old 05-15-2010, 01:42 AM
Administrator

Well, considering that I have been a Star Wars fan since I was 5 years old, then I guess I should say George Lucas. Even if you just count the good Star Wars movies, those have been more than enough to continue to entertain me for over 32 years.
Old 05-15-2010, 01:42 AM

Jimmy Page, hands down.
Old 05-15-2010, 01:45 AM

I really loved George Carlin too, hard to believe he's gone.

Nate, how would you rate the prequels compared to the first 3 movies? Just curious.
Old 05-15-2010, 01:48 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Well, considering that I have been a Star Wars fan since I was 5 years old, then I guess I should say George Lucas. Even if you just count the good Star Wars movies, those have been more than enough to continue to entertain me for over 32 years.
I know flo kinda asked you a similar question, but as a person who has NEVER seen any of the Star Wars films, I wanna ask your opinion....

Should I watch them all in the actual chronological order, or should I watch them in the order in which they were released?
Old 05-15-2010, 02:48 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Nate, how would you rate the prequels compared to the first 3 movies? Just curious.
Well, Star Wars (the film released in 1977, not the entire franchise) is the greatest movie of all time in my opinion. 1980's Empire Strikes Back is the greatest sequel to the greatest movie of all time. Return of the Jedi from 1983 was my favorite movie as a kid, but it doesn't hold up as well as the other two.

The Prequels were interesting eye-candy and decent technical achievements, but only Episode 1 falls into the category of a "good movie" in my book. Episode 3 is really frustrating to watch because it could have actually been a good movie if the previous 2 did a better job of setting it up. Episode 2 is just horrible, it has one cool sequence near the end, but everything else that surrounds it is pure garbage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
I know flo kinda asked you a similar question, but as a person who has NEVER seen any of the Star Wars films, I wanna ask your opinion....

Should I watch them all in the actual chronological order, or should I watch them in the order in which they were released?
Watch them in the order that they were released. Start with the 1977 film "Star Wars" which is now referred to as "Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope." If you can, try to get the original theatrical release, not the Special Edition. Then watch Empire Strikes Back from 1980. Those are the only two that you really "need" to see before you die. However, you will probably want to watch Return of the Jedi after that just to see how everything ends. Then you're done, you can watch the new movies if you want to, but you'll probably find that you enjoy the originals more if you don't bother.
Old 05-15-2010, 03:04 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Thanks Nate, I kinda figured the old ones would be the only ones worth watching

I swear, the older I get, the more my tastes shift to the past. Like with music, all I listen to, outside of the stuff I am forced to work with, is at least 30 to 50 years old. From an audio standpoint, I have gotten so used to the sound of digital recording (even in my own music) that I basically shrug my shoulders and roll my eyes when anything post 1985 comes through the airwaves.

Don't get me wrong, I love new stuff, but I guess Im just turning into a geezer!