Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

View Poll Results: Where will Lebron James play next season?
Cleveland 2 25.00%
New York 2 25.00%
Chicago 3 37.50%
New Jersey 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-14-2010, 08:27 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Default The Lebracle... Where will James go?

Okay, so now that Lebron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers have been sent home early, again, what do people think will ultimately happen when James hits free agency this off-season?

The biggest names in the race for the services of "King James" at this time are...

1. Cleveland - Obviously they want him back, and it's still his home organization and his home state. Still, they have yet to successfully build around him in 7 years, and their market is....well...let's just say, small.

2. New York - It's the biggest market in the country and bringing a title to the Knicks would cement Lebron as a legend in the Big Apple. The money he would make would be astronomical. The downside is the Knicks suck.

3. Chicago - Great city, great market, and a star point guard who isn't going anywhere for a long time. The Bulls could actually be the sleeper in this race, even though in recent weeks many people are starting to think it actually could be a REAL possibility. It offers James a market that is still HUGE and also a team that already has another all-star. Also, rumors are right now that the Bulls could potentially do a sign and trade involving Lou Deng to Cleveland and they could free up enough money to not only get Lebron James, but also to go after Dwayne Wade or Chris Bosh also. I still think it's a longshot, but as a lifelong Bulls fan, I say make it happen. Let's also not forget that Lebron put in an application earlier this season to change his number from 23 to 6 in what he said was an homage to Michael Jordan. Obviously if his intentions were to go to Chicago, he would know he would not be able to wear 23.....interesting...

4. New Jersey- They got a billionaire owner, they are moving to Brooklyn, and Lebron is buddies with Jay-Z, who is part owner of the club. The downside...they REALLY suck.

It could go anyway at this point, and this is probably gonna be as talked about as Brett Favre over this summer, so I figured I would get some people's takes as of today.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:29 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Okay, so now that Lebron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers have been sent home early, again, what do people think will ultimately happen when James hits free agency this off-season?

The biggest names in the race for the services of "King James" at this time are...

1. Cleveland - Obviously they want him back, and it's still his home organization and his home state. Still, they have yet to successfully build around him in 7 years, and their market is....well...let's just say, small.

2. New York - It's the biggest market in the country and bringing a title to the Knicks would cement Lebron as a legend in the Big Apple. The money he would make would be astronomical. The downside is the Knicks suck.

3. Chicago - Great city, great market, and a star point guard who isn't going anywhere for a long time. The Bulls could actually be the sleeper in this race, even though in recent weeks many people are starting to think it actually could be a REAL possibility. It offers James a market that is still HUGE and also a team that already has another all-star. Also, rumors are right now that the Bulls could potentially do a sign and trade involving Lou Deng to Cleveland and they could free up enough money to not only get Lebron James, but also to go after Dwayne Wade or Chris Bosh also. I still think it's a longshot, but as a lifelong Bulls fan, I say make it happen. Let's also not forget that Lebron put in an application earlier this season to change his number from 23 to 6 in what he said was an homage to Michael Jordan. Obviously if his intentions were to go to Chicago, he would know he would not be able to wear 23.....interesting...

4. New Jersey- They got a billionaire owner, they are moving to Brooklyn, and Lebron is buddies with Jay-Z, who is part owner of the club. The downside...they REALLY suck.

It could go anyway at this point, and this is probably gonna be as talked about as Brett Favre over this summer, so I figured I would get some people's takes as of today.
Obama's lobbying for LeBron to go to Chicago. As much as it goes against everything NateR's programmed me to do in the last 18 months, I kinda gotta agree with him!
Old 05-14-2010, 08:30 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Oh, and I'm gonna go ahead and cast my vote for Chicago based solely on emotion.

I am still not sure that he will leave Cleveland though...
Old 05-14-2010, 08:31 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
Oh, and I'm gonna go ahead and cast my vote for Chicago based solely on emotion.

I am still not sure that he leave Cleveland though...
I would seriously love to see LeBron as a Bull. I grew up watching Michael Jordan's Playground.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:32 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Obama's lobbying for LeBron to go to Chicago. As much as it goes against everything NateR's programmed me to do in the last 18 months, I kinda gotta agree with him!
Oh really?

It's a lock then.

The Suns better go all the way this year because the Bulls are going on another run.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:33 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
I would seriously love to see LeBron as a Bull. I grew up watching Michael Jordan's Playground.
I still have my copy of Michael Jordans Playground on VHS.

My two favorite teams in all of sports are the Bulls and the Suns.

1993 is very sacred to me!
Old 05-14-2010, 08:35 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
I still have my copy of Michael Jordans Playground on VHS.

My two favorite teams in all of sports are the Bulls and the Suns.

1993 is very sacred to me!
Amen to that, dude! I need to get my VHS copied to DVD so I don't lose it.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:31 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Amen to that, dude! I need to get my VHS copied to DVD so I don't lose it.
Ya know, that's a really good call and I thought about doing that with a lot of my VHS tapes a while back. I gotta get on that...

I also have a copy of "UntouchaBulls", which basically documents the run up through the 2nd championship against Portland.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:37 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
Ya know, that's a really good call and I thought about doing that with a lot of my VHS tapes a while back. I gotta get on that...

I also have a copy of "UntouchaBulls", which basically documents the run up through the 2nd championship against Portland.
Any chance you'd want to share a copy?
Old 05-14-2010, 09:53 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Any chance you'd want to share a copy?
For sure man!

The VCR I have is garbage, so I gotta score a new one, but my plan has been to get one that has S-Video out and then I can dump the videos directly to my CPU. I've been wrapped in few other projects the last few weeks, but I will either go pick one up soon or give the tapes to a buddy of mine and have him do it for me.

Either way, when I get them transferred I will let you know and I can either mail you a copy or upload to my website and give you a direct link to download it.