Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 05-06-2010, 10:01 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,842
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
I'm going to disagree with you just slightly, but only because I think your category is too broad.

I think having 3 distinctions (Top Contenders, Big Names & Good Stories) makes better sense. The Alves fight was a Top Contender (winner moves to title shot). The Gracie fights were Big Name (someone whose name is widely recognized, even if he's not contender). The Almeida fight would be a Good Story (he's not a highly-recognizable name/face, but it's easy to market the whole "cleaning out the gym" angle).

Obviously the best match-ups are combinations of all three (i.e. Rashad/Rampage), but just so long as it's got at leat one, it's main card worthy.

And since Matt is a HUGE Name, he will never be on a pre-lim!
Repeat after me "I have built a Taxonomy by creating three Categories in which one can bracket fighters for the rightful distinction of Main Event level Status"

It just sounds so much better and means exactly the same thing....and some people accuse me of waffle
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 05-07-2010, 03:43 AM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is online now
Allons-y
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,292
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Repeat after me "I have built a Taxonomy by creating three Categories in which one can bracket fighters for the rightful distinction of Main Event level Status"

It just sounds so much better and means exactly the same thing....and some people accuse me of waffle
OR I could just say "the best match-ups are combinations of all three (i.e. Rashad/Rampage), but just so long as it's got at leat one, it's main card worthy."

O wait! I already did!!!

See, Dave, just because you know big words doesn't mean you have to use big words.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 05-07-2010, 04:35 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,842
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
OR I could just say "the best match-ups are combinations of all three (i.e. Rashad/Rampage), but just so long as it's got at leat one, it's main card worthy."

O wait! I already did!!!

See, Dave, just because you know big words doesn't mean you have to use big words.
I think you should
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 05-07-2010, 08:42 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is online now
Allons-y
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,292
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I think you should
It's really just about the context, ya know? If you're defending you thesis to a graduate review board, the you use the biggest words you can possibly string together. If you're talking to your baby neice, you babble incoherently. I just think you need to know your audience.

















Btw, with this lot, it's closer to the babbling than the big words!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 05-13-2010, 01:02 AM
lc87
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Does anyone know if this fight is confirmed or just a rumer still? If confirmed when and where is it?
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 05-13-2010, 11:11 AM
TexasRN's Avatar
TexasRN TexasRN is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texan living in NC
Posts: 4,707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc87 View Post
Does anyone know if this fight is confirmed or just a rumer still? If confirmed when and where is it?


Matt will tell us when his next fight is confirmed. So far nothing is signed yet.



~Amy
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 05-13-2010, 11:18 AM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is online now
Allons-y
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,292
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
Matt will tell us when his next fight is confirmed. So far nothing is signed yet.



~Amy
I can confirm this.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 05-13-2010, 11:48 PM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

Should be a good fight, 2 world-class grapplers going toe-to-toe. TKO him like the other Gracie blackbelts Matt!
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.